Smile - Keiji Akaashi

Warning: None

~Fluff~

   You were stubborn, probably a bit too stubborn for your own good. When you had your mind set on something, at least 80% of the time you get your way.

"Akaashi!"

   When you stumbled across an emotionless boy, your goal was to make him smile.

"Come on Akaashi-san! Why don't you smile?"

"It's impossible."

"No, don't say that! That's just gonna make me try harder to make you smile!"

"Bye Mom!"

   You walked out of your house with a pep in your step as you made your way towards your waiting best friend.

"Good morning!" You grinned at his usual bored face as you tackled him into a hug.

"A-Ah Good morning." He pushed you off as you laughed and ruffled his messy black hair.

   It was a new day and a new chance for you to reach your goal. Sure it was an excuse you used to spend more time with your crush, but no one needed to know that.

"So how are you today? Feeling smiley?" You joked seeing your friend roll his eyes at your attempt to make him smile.

"If you want me to smile, you're gonna have to try harder than that," He said bluntly as you guys walked up to Bokuto's front porch.

   You knocked a small tune as the owl opened the door wide open.

"L/N! Akaashi! Ready to go to school?" He grinned as he waved goodbye to his mom.

"No." You and Bokuto laughed at Akaashi's answer as you guys walked to school together.

   You cheerfully chatted with your two friends as the three of you entered the school gates.

"Bye Bokuto! See you!"

"Bye L/N!"

   You waved enthusiastically at your friend as you saw Akaashi give you a small glance. It was only for a second, but you thought you saw a little bit of anger and annoyance.

But why maybe it was just his usual face and I saw wrong.

   You bumped his shoulder with yours as noticed his furrowed eyebrows.

"Hey Akaashi, are you okay?" You looked completely at the boy as you put your hand on his shoulder. You saw him flinch at your touch so you let your hand slip off, not wanting to make him uncomfortable.

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine." You saw his blank expression before he turned away from you.

"Why wouldn't I be?"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

   By lunchtime, Akaashi seemed to be better as time went on and you guys were in the cafeteria at your usual lunch table. It consists of the three of you and some of the boy's volleyball players.

"Hey L/N, are you coming to volleyball practice?" Akaashi asked with his usually calm face.

   You nodded with a smile from across the table. You didn't mean to stare, but you couldn't help but stare at the absolute beauty that was in front of you. I mean who could blame you, even Bokuto said that Akaashi was hot once.

"Um L/N? Are you okay?" You blinked and saw Akaashi waving his hand in front of you. You noticed his slightly pink cheeks that made you go red from embarrassment.