Mute - Yuu Nishinoya

You are selectively mute! Also, in this one, you are shorter than Noya so if you're not, just pretend!

Warning: Contains bullying, but nothing too bad

~Fluff~

"Hey look, it's the quiet brat!"

Not again.

   You sighed with a blank look as you internally winced as your shoulder came in contact with the wall. You heard giggles surround you as a hand stopped you from walking any further.

   Since you didn't like talking and was naturally shy and pure, you were an easy target.

"Come on, say something!"

   You had a bored look on your face which frustrated the popular girls at your school since they couldn't get a reaction out of you.

"Go on, stick up for yourself," the so-called leader of the group sneered at you, crossing her arms. You let out a yawn just to mess with them, covering it with one of your hands as you pretended not to notice their glares.

"Why you little-"

"Hey, get away from her!"

   You felt surprised despite your poker face as you saw a short boy get the attention of your so-called bullies. Your eyes met briefly and for the first time in a long time, you felt a little spark of emotion inside of you.

What the-

"Hmm? And what are you gonna do, shorty?" One of the girls spat, crossing their arms as suddenly a bald guy came behind Noya with a ridiculous look.

"I'm pretty sure he said, 'get away from her'. Right?" He said with a somewhat intimidating look as you watched your bullies look from them to you.

"Whatever, we were going anyways," the so-called leader said, flipping her hair as they left, giving you one last glare. 

"The name's Nishinoya Yuu, but call me Noya," He said cheerfully as suddenly there was a hand in front of you. You flinched a bit at the happy yet chaotic energy that was radiating off of him.

   And just like that, you knew that something inside you was different.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Come on, mute! Where are you going?"

   You walked a bit faster as you heard your bullies calling out from behind you.

Maybe I can just avoid them, maybe-

   You cut yourself off as you noticed a certain shorty walking somewhat in front of you, jumping up and down in excitement as he talked to his bald friend.

Noya.

"And then- chibi-chan?" Noya looked at you in shock to see you gripping onto his bag strap. You turned him around as you stood behind him, poking your head above his shoulder to look at him.

   Since it was rare whenever someone was shorter than him, he took advance of that to finally be able to call someone 'chibi-chan' and the nickname stuck with you.

"..."

   You looked up with your signature poker face as Noya looked at you in confusion. He felt his own cheeks heat up for some reason as he smiled a bit at you. You tugged on his strap, gesturing to the front, making Noya look up with a confused look before seeing what you were gesturing at.