Confidence - Tadashi Yamaguchi

Warning: None

~Fluff~

   Ever since you could remember, Yamaguchi was always a shy boy. He never had a lot of confidence so you made it your job to fix that.

"Okay, the first step, set up a goal. What's the thing that you want to do most?"

   You were sitting with Yamaguchi on his bed with a notebook. You looked up at Yamaguchi who was fidgeting with his fingers.

"I... regular spot... volleyball," Yamaguchi mumbled something that you couldn't quite make out.

"Come again?" You slightly laughed, taking two fingers under Yamaguchi's chin for him to face you. He sighed before shyly looked at you.

"I wanna play in a match as a regular," Yamaguchi mumbled, making eye contact with you. You gently smiled at the boy.

"Well let's make that happen, shall we?"

   Yamaguchi grinned at you as you grinned back.

"Okay step two, compliment yourself! Even if its the smallest of things, say good things about yourself! Starting now!" You looked expectantly at Yamaguchi as he scratched the back of his neck.

"Um, good job self?" Yamaguchi laughed a bit as you signed playfully.

"Come on, Yams! What's one thing you love about yourself?" You asked, throwing your arms up.

"Um, I uh I don't know actually," Yamaguchi said, almost shamefully. You were beyond shocked, you had so many reasons why you loved Yamaguchi.

"Are you serious? What about your personality, your freckles, your softness, your hair, your laugh, your smile, your eyes, your-" You stopped as you saw Yamaguchi's red face.

"Sorry, I got a little carried away. But start thinking good about yourself! All those things I said, they're all good stuff about you!" You exclaimed, taking both of Yamaguchi's hands into yours.

"But for now, we're gonna start small. What's one thing you like about yourself?" You asked, staring into his charming eyes. Yamaguchi furrowed his eyebrows as you tried to think of something.

"I like that I'm the only one on the team that can do jump float serve, feels special, I guess?" Yamaguchi said as you grinned at him.

"That's a great reason! Plus they look really cool too!" You said making Yamaguchi's cheeks go a bit red.

"So your task right now is to say at least one good thing about yourself every day. I'll help you with the first couple of days, but I expect you to do it every day, okay?" You said somewhat sternly, Yamaguchi's hands still in yours.

   Yamaguchi nodded quickly with a small smile.

"But for right now, we're gonna watch a movie, okay?"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

   It's been a couple of days since then and it seems like he was doing it. Of course, you made him do it for the first couple of the days and would check up on his every now and then.

"Alright, time for step three! Getting rid of doubt! So first things first, why do you doubt yourself?" 

   This time you guys were at your house, hanging out on the weekend since you guys had nothing else to do.

"Um, I guess it's because I don't believe in myself? I don't know, I just usually immediately believe that I can't do stuff," Yamaguchi admitted, making you frown a bit.