Butterfly - Keiji Akaashi

Lmao, I tried a new writing style for this and it took way too much brain cells to write it so you better enjoy it.

Warning: None

~Fluff~

Hmm, the sky is such a pretty blue today...

   Akaashi looked up from the ground to see your usual figure leaning against a nearby tree, a book in hand as you watched the clouds drift across the sky.

   You were always seen to be under the shade of the tree with a book, whether it be before school started, during lunch, or during a free class, something Akaashi always admired about you.

I wonder what she's thinking.

   Even in class, Akaashi would notice your gazes out the window, the rare soft smile you had whenever you read a good book, and the light tint to your cheeks whenever you were caught daydreaming.

"Today class, you will be working in partners on your art project where you will be drawing your partner with a different expression than usual. I will be picking your partners..." Your teacher continued to explain the project as you lightly traced random patterns on the desk, waiting for your name to be called.

"...L/N and Akaashi..."

   You slightly perked up at the mention of your name, feeling your face slightly heat up as you made eye contact with Akaashi. He sent you his kind smile which only made your face a brighter shade of red as you quickly looked away, a small smile making its way on your face.

Cute   Was the first thing that popped into Akaashi's mind as he took his eyes off of you and back to the teacher who was going more in-depth about the project.

"Hey, L/N-san."

   Akaashi's voice met your ears as you made eye contact with him for a brief second before focusing on a different part of his face.

   Because of your soft and shy ways, you found it hard to maintain eye contact with someone. So instead, you would look at something else on their face, like their ears or nose, to help you slowly get over your habits.

   And for better or worse, you found it easier to look at Akaashi's lips more than anything.

"H-Hey," You lightly stuttered, your voice laced with your usual timidness. Akaashi smiled a bit as you exchange some words with him, feeling a nice calm settle over him as he talked to you.

"So do you have any ideas?"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Woah."

   A small smile and blush danced across your face as you watched Akaashi's face turn into one of awe.

   You had brought Akaashi to your favorite spot...

"Do you like it?" You asked softly, sighing a bit in relief as Akaashi nodded with a smile that never failed to send butterflies in your stomach.

   ...your butterfly garden.

"It's really pretty, did you grow all these?" 

   The garden had a peaceful aura, almost as if it was an escape from reality, the garden filled with a color palette of flowers that matched the soft air. And the butterflies that were fluttering around the place only added to the gentle vibe.

"Y-Yeah."

   There was some comfortable silence that settled over the two, you and Akaashi admiring the scenery together. You turned from the flowers you were looking at to Akaashi who was staring at a butterfly that was fluttering its wings right in front of Akaashi.

So pretty   You thought, staring at Akaashi's side profile as he let the butterfly land on one of his fingers. Akaashi felt your gaze on him, turning slightly to meet your eyes, your face immediately heating up as you quickly looked away.

   Akaashi turned away too, hiding his slight tinted cheeks along with his hand.

"S-Should we uh start on the project now?" Akaashi stuttered a bit, slightly glancing at you as you nodded a bit.

"Yeah, we should."

   Both of you settled down facing each other, letting the nearby butterflies land on whatever. As you started to pull out your art supplies from your bag, you noticed that Akaashi had slowed down his breathing as a butterfly settled right on his nose.

Wait, this is perfect!

   You lightly bit your lip to hide your smile as quickly took your pencil, sketching the rough outline of the sight in front of you before the butterfly flew away. You tried to ignore your racing heart as you felt your face heat up from Akaashi's kind smile, trying not to smile too much as you tried your best to replicate the beautiful sight in front of you.

"H-Hey!" Akaashi let out, causing a small laugh to escape your lips, the sound bringing heat to Akaashi's cheeks.

"Wait, don't move. I'm almost done."   

   After you had pretty much the drawing of Akaashi, you set aside your stuff, facing Akaashi.

"So do you have a-"

   You cut yourself off when you just realized that Akaashi had scooted closer to you, your face immediately heating up as you couldn't bring yourself to look him in the eye.

   Akaashi couldn't help himself, bringing his hand up to cup your cheek, his touch as light as a feather as he noticed that your stare wasn't on his eyes once again.

"If you don't mind me asking, but uh why do you stare at my lips when we talk?"

I-

   Your face immediately turned a bright red as incoherent sounds sputtered out of your mouth.

"I-I uh- i-it's just that um e-eye contact is k-kinda hard for me s-so looking at you- your lips is uh e-easier for me?" Your stutter was really bad as you felt your heart pounding, not only from his question but also from his warm hand that was currently cupping your cheek.

   Akaashi simply smiled at you, his own heart pounding as he lightly traced his thumb against your cheek, leaning in a bit.

"Oh? Is that so?"

   You were beyond nervous as Akaashi's eyes flickered from your lips and then back up to your eyes, getting a feeling that it wasn't just because he had a hard time maintaining eye contact.

"Well, I can't say the same for myself," Akaashi muttered quietly, yet you could still hear each word clearly. You could feel your face burning as Akaashi leaned in, stopping with barely an inch between you, giving you time to pull away.

I-Is this actually h-happening-

   You managed to bring yourself to look him in the eyes, feeling speechless as you built up your courage to close the remaining distance between you two. You felt your eyes flutter close as both of you were quick to melt into the kiss.

"W-Wow," Your voice was barely in a whisper as you had pulled back, a dazed look on your face as Akaashi quietly laughed at you.

"Hey, I uh know that we kinda just met, but do you wanna go out sometime?" Akaashi asked, his face a bright red despite his calm expression. You nodded a bit, still trying to get your mind straight from the kiss.

"Y-Yeah, I would love too."