Engaged - Kei Tsukishima

Requested by Cream_puff22! Enjoy!

Warning: None

~Fluff~

"Wanna take a walk?"

   A couple years passed, the stress of finishing school and find jobs passed by as you and Kei decided to visit your hometown for a break.

"Remember when we used to do this?" You asked to fill the comfortable silence between the two of you, memories for when you first started dating filling your head.

"No, I definitely don't remember walking this path almost everyday with you for like 3 years," your lovely boyfriend said sarcastically, earning a laugh from you.

Some things just don't change.

   The two of you walked hand in hand, following the same path you had years ago, but you had noticed that Kei seemed to fidgeting with something right out of your vision.

I wonder what he's hiding. He has been acting a little strange.

"Y/N."

   But before you could question your boyfriend of many years' strange behavior, he suddenly pulled back, taking one of your hands so your free hand went up to cover your gasp.

"K-Kei-"

"Y/N, I know I'm not the best with words and feelings or whatever so I'm gonna keep this short, but god dammit Y/N, you are the most important thing in my life. So will you marry me?"

   Despite tears clouding some of your vision, you could clearly see Tsukishima's smile that shined with genuine care and nerves that only furthered to melt your heart.

"Yes."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Hey, Y/N! Kei! You two are finally here!"

     You and Tsukki had just arrived at a barbecue which one of your friends planned after not hanging out for sometime.

"Yeah, hey BF/N! It's been sometime, huh?"

   As you caught up with BF/N and some other friends, you noticed some of Tsukki's volleyball friends that had came as well.

"Hey hey hey! Tsukishima! How have you been? It's nice to see you again!"

   You laughed at the scowl that crossed your fiancé's face, watching the older sling his arm around Kei's shoulders.

"Tall as always, huh? How's the volleyball going? Oya, oya, is this the girlfriend?" Bokuto asked before Kei could answer any of them, aggressively patting back as Akaashi watched with a sigh.

"Volleyball is doing good and it's nice seeing you too, Bokuto-san."

   And before you could think of answering the next question, Tsukishima had answered with a hint of smirk.

"And nah, she's not my girlfriend."

That little-

"Aww, well you got this," Bokuto said encouragingly, patting Tsukishima on the back one more time before bringing his arm back.

   You had to bite your tongue to prevent from laughing out when Tsukishima had squeezed your interlaced hands.

"Well, I'll catch up with you later! See you around, let's go Akaashi!"

   Akaashi sent you two an apologetic smile as well as a congrats since he obviously saw the ring on your finger, waving a farewell as Bokuto pulled him away to another group.

   Once Bokuto was out of earshot, you let out a laugh as you heard some chuckles come out of your fiancé, as well.

"You know that was very funny. Poor Bokuto, I wonder how he kept up with you in high school," You joked, earning a playful shove from Tsukishima.

"Shut up."

"I'm joking!"

   After a while of catching up with a lot of your friends and eating, Bokuto had dragged Akaashi back to talk him you and Tsukishima.

"Yeah, we've been good. We actually are planning to move in together soon so we've got that going for us. How about you, Akaashi?" You asked, taking a bite of the variety of food on your plate.

"Oh, congratulations again. I'm good as well, life's been treating me well."

   As you talked, you had accidentally knocked the ring off of your finger, panic sending through you for a quick second.

"You know, if you didn't want to marry me, you could have just said so," Kei said with a joking tone, causing your face to heat up as you denied his jokes.

"I'm sorry! It was an accident!"

   Bokuto blinked as he glanced at the ring that Tsukishima had slide back onto your ring finger.

Click.

"Tsukishima! You bastard, she's not your girlfriend, she's your fiancée! Congrats, dude! Who would have known!" Bokuto exclaimed, earning a small shake in the head from Akaashi.

"Who would have- what is that supposed to mean, huh?"

"Nothing, of course! I mean-"

"Bokuto-san!"