Tactics - Koushi Sugawara

Warning: None

~Fluff~

   You were more or less a manager and mostly helped with the tactics for the team.

"Alright, guys. I've got a new play for ya."

   You were childhood best friends with Sugawara meaning ever since you guys were little, you would always make up cool tactics for fun. Which also meant you fell for your best friend.

"So if you guys didn't notice, most of the plays so far start off the same."

   And after some begging from Suga, you joined the volleyball club as a manager to help them with their plays.

"And this one is no different. It's so the opponent won't know how you guys are going to attack."

   You got along pretty well with the team since you were quite an open and nice person.

"So for this one, we're gonna have all attention on Hinata. You're gonna do the start of the special attack to make it seem like the Ace or someone else will spike the ball..."

   You were pointing at the whiteboard that had their name on it.

"...And like the other ones, they're gonna think Hinata is the decoy again because he's gonna be really obvious about it, but then you guys hit then with a quick attack..."

   Suga was next to you as you explained the simple gestures for the attack. And while you were explaining, you didn't notice the look of adoration that Suga was currently giving you.

"Any questions?"

   Daichi sent a teasing look at Suga which made him go red and look away. The players started to snicker as you then noticed Sugawara covering his face with his hands.

"Suga? You good?" You asked, poking his face that wasn't covered by his hand.

"Y-Yeah, I'm good." Sugawara grinned at you as you raised an eyebrow at him.

   You brushed it off as the volleyball players tried out the play. After a couple of tries, you thought it worked pretty well as Coach Ukai and Coach Takeda had surprised faces.

"That was pretty convincing. If I didn't know better, I would have thought for sure that it was going to be a back attack from our Ace." Coach Ukai nodded his head, a smirk already on his face from the thought of the play against other schools.

   You nodded along with a smile, knowing another one of your plays worked.

"Another nice play, N/N! You're not overworking yourself, right?" 

   It was always an on-running joke that Sugawara was the mom of the club, it was pretty obvious. So you guys would always joke about it.

"Yes, mom."

   You laughed along with the other players as Sugawara grinned at the sound of your laughter.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Suga! I need your help with this play!"

   The Spring Interhigh Nationals were slowly nearing and that meant more tricks up Karasuno's sleeves.

"Yeah, what is it?" Suga asked, walking with you to your house. You showed him the piece of paper you were drawing on, a bunch of lines and writing on it.

   He laughed quietly at the slightly crumpled paper in his hand as his eyes skimmed over it.

"Woah, this one seems like it's gonna look really cool. But what do you need help with?" Suga asked with curiosity. 

"Oh um-"

Quick, think!

"-I wanted to make some play with you since you're 'Mr. Refreshing' and you guys can get some points that way." You managed to come up with as you had a nervous smile on your lips.

That works too.

   Suga narrowed his eyes at you as he could tell something was up but didn't say anything about it.

"Alright then."

   You guys made it to your house and you opened the door and let Suga in. Your parents were still at work, but since you knew Suga ever since you guys were little, they had no problem with him coming over.

"Can you help me with this one? I know you don't enjoy spikes, but I think this will shake the other team."

   You've been bugging him to do a spike ever since you guys started volleyball together, but he always declined. You knew that he claimed to be 'scared' of spikes, but you just wanted to see him do one and you'll be satisfied.

"Can you just try?"

   You gave Suga the best puppy eyes you had since you knew he couldn't resist it, even as kids.

"N-N/N! That's cheating!" Suga exclaimed, trying to push you away.

"Please?"

"Fine!"

   You squealed in happiness while tackling Suga into a hug. Sugawara laughed as both of you fell on your bed.

"Oh, you won't regret it! I've got the perfect thing for you!"

   Suga laughed again at you with slightly pink cheeks from the hug as you got out another piece of paper that had writing on it.

"Okay so..."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Guys! I've got another play!"

   All the guys sat on the ground in front of the whiteboard as Suga stood on the other side of the board.

"So we have a couple of ways to use this new attack with Mom- I mean Suga." You grinned and laughed a bit as Suga playfully glared at you and the others laughed.

"The first way, if the first touch is a receive, then Kageyama is gonna run up as if he's gonna go spike, but then set it to Suga who will then spike it. And after that, we'll do the same setup, but then Kageyama will spike it to catch them off guard..."

   You used arrows and drawing to show the play, Suga laughing himself as he watched you with an excited glint in your eyes.

"...and if the others don't run up, then they'll think Kageyama will hit it until the last minute." You finished, looking at the excited players. You looked over to Suga who sent his signature grin at you.

   Your heart raced a bit faster as you laughed a bit and smiled back.

"Ah! L/N-san! So cool!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"...And then Kageyama was like woosh and then Suga came up like swoosh and then bam!"

   You and Suga quietly laughed a bit at the jumping first year who was rambling about how the new play went. After pulling many surprises on the opponent, Karasuno ended up winning with a couple of points ahead.

"Hey, N/N. Can I talk to you for a second?" Suga asked a bit nervously as he walked slower to let everyone else walk ahead, you following his lead.

"Hmm? What is it?" You asked the boy who now had slightly red cheeks.

   Suga took a deep breath before a gently smile made its way onto his face.

"I've liked you for some time now and I was wondering if you'll be my girlfriend?" Suga asked, scratching the back of his neck. Your eyes widened and a smile grew on your lips as you felt your face heat up.

   You pulled him into a hug, pulling away to rest your forehead on his.

"I like you too, Mr. Refreshing."

   He grinned as slowly got closer to you until your lips touched.

"GET SOME SUGA!"

"IT'S ABOUT TIME!"

   You and Suga pulled away in shock, looking at the noisy crows.

"NOYA!"