Chapter 2

The next morning Beth woke up quite grumpy. It was something she had from the moment she was little. If she had to sleep in a new place and bed it would take her hours to fall asleep. This time was no difference.

The room was still dark when she grabbed her phone from the nightstand dropping the water bottle and her phone on the ground in the process.

She didn't bother to pick up the bottle. She was more concerned about her phone. It had gone off several times last night. "Hey hun, did you arrive safely? How's London? Love you" reading the text she noticed her own eyes get puffy.

"Shit everything okay in here" the small brunette swong the door open and was standing in the middle of the room. Beth's eyes had to adjust to the light for a second before it was clear who it was. "Uh yeah fine" the blonde laughed at the concerned look on her face. "It was just a water bottle and my phone Danielle" She made an ow face before leaving the room.

Beth was happy she didn't see the tears in her eyes. She wasn't up for that now. She texted her mom back "heyy mom. I'm doing okay, my housemates are really nice. Didn't sleep very well but other then that i'm excited to start the first training today and meet all the girls"

She stepped out of bed and got dressed. She looked pretty good in the Arsenal stuff. She headed downstairs to see the table full with breakfast.

"Morning" Dom greeted her. She was still a bit moody. "Aww a grumpy one" Carla commented. "No no not at all. I just my bed a new one and uh..." Daan laughed at her stopping her in the process. "It's okay" she smiled motioning her to sit down.

"What's this?" The blonde asked looking at Danielle's plate. Dom giggled shaking her head. "Don't mind her she's just gone mad" the others laughed now too. "I am not" she threw a napkin at her "It's hagelslag" she said. Beth gave her a questioning look. "Chocolate sprinkles cutie" the blonde gave her a quick nod and scraped her throath.

After breakfast they headed down to the arsenal women training center. They all decided to share one car since it would take less gasoline for all of them. Beth was seated in the back with Dom and Carla.

Daan was driving and saw the nervous look on the blondes face in the mirror. After they got out of the car she waited for her to get her back from the boot. "You'll do good" she told the blonde giving her a reassuring smile. "I hope so, thnx Danielle" The brunette put one arm around the blonde walking in the changing room together.

"Hiya girll, how's yous doing" leah asked pulling her in for a hug. "Good" she said. "You excited" the blonde nodded. "Was about time you joined me"

Leah and Beth had met in the younger levels of international. The defender had told her she needed to sign for Arsenal many times. That day had finally come and Leah was happy she could have one of her friends by her side.

"You ready?" Danielle asked her. The blonde nodded. The brunette saw the hesitation and pulled her in for a hug. "Come on" she said opening the door for her.

"Morning girls" Pedro said arriving in his golf cart. "Morning" all of them said in unison. "Alright today's schedule will consist of a session outside first. Then we'll had inside the gym for a second one. Lunch of course provided by us"

The training started of simple with a warm up. After that it turned into smaller exercises like target practice and headers. To say the blonde was exhausted was an understatement.

She had loved her time at Sunderland but she also knew the level wasn't as high as it would be here. Arsenal was full of international talent and had some of the best players in all of the leagues.

She knew full well she had to step up her game. What she didn't know was that they would have a scrimmage at the end of the session. She was trying so hard to prove she was worthy to this team but she didn't have to.

Everyone was already impressed with the goal scoring record she had at Sunderland and were surprised why she wasn't called up to the lionesses.

Panting she walked back in the now formed circle. "Alright girls good job. Who's up for a scrimmage?" He asked them. After loud applauding he divided them up.

Of course Beth's team had won and she had made an amazing banger. It was from distance and pedro saw something worth looking into. "Beth can we talk for a second?" He asked her. The blonde politely agreed and got in the cart with him.

"I know you've always been a number nine. Trust me when i say you're a very good one. Today i saw something that I haven't seen in a long time. Your technique is spot on, i think you'd be an amazing player on the wing" he told her. 

The blonde needed to wrap her head around it for a second. She felt safe in the number 9 role. "I'll play in any position you want me to Pedro. It will need me some extra practice though" she answered honestly. "That will of course be provided" he told her. "Now go and enjoy your lunch, get to know the girls a bit better. I just thought i'd let you know, we'll talk details tomorrow"

When the blonde walked in the room all of her teammates applauded her. It made her smile from ear to ear. Some pulled her in a hug, others just tapped her on the head.

"Look at me guns" Katie said flexing her arms. "Pff Developing a self defense magenism for Ruesha" Emma mitchell joked.

"Who's that?" Beth asked with a hint of curiosity in her voice. "Katie girls, she whipped" Lisa laughed. "Yeah she definitely is. They're amazing together. You'll probs see why soon" katie snorted trying to deny it.

"What bout yous?" Katie asked. "Huh what" Leah laughed. "You dating anyone?" All the girls were listening to their conversation now and were waiting on her answer. Especially one person, she didn't even know why but she was. "No not right now" she told them.

After that they started the gym session. "Pff i'm wrecked" Carla laughed at the tired goalie. "Ahwww" Daan said jumping on her back. "Daan piss of!" The blonde laughed at them and to her surprise the blonde was still carried to the shower.

She was doing more than fine, she could see herself fit in with this team. She loved it already, all of it. Even they're witty banter and all the chaos.