Chapter 15

Enjoy❤️ sorry for the slowburn, it seems only right with this story!!

"She's gone" were the words that kept creeping up in her head. It seemed to be all she was thinking about. Where could she be? Only one person knew. Daan herself and someone else actually.

She was done she couldn't stay in this house for any longer. She packed a bag with clothes and left without looking back.

She knocked on the door. "Danielle?" You could see a surprised look. "What's wrong?" Her bag was taken from her and a water bottle was handed. "I needed to leave for a bit, all my problems are there" she looked down. "Okay" she was fiddling with The sleeves of her jumper. "Can i stay here, just for a bit. Please?"

"Yes you can. Just Daan, i hope you know you can't run away from problems, you fix them!" She was told in a firm voice. "I know and i will, i just need time" she got a small nod. "Thank you kim, i owe you!" She gave her a hug. "No problem"

She was led to the guest room. Her bag was put down on the bed and a drawer was opened. "I'll tell joe that you're not okay. I will also schedule an appointment for you with the team therapist tomorrow" she said. "No kim I don't" her captain looked at her. "It's not up for discussion Danielle, if you don't go you can leave, now i know that sounds harsh. I only mean well. It's okay to not be okay!!" The brunette nodded, maybe she should go!

Beth arrived at the training ground hoping she would be there, she wasn't. Just like she wasn't really there, so much to the point were joe called her out on it. "Get your head in the game meado!!" Jill laughed. "Getcha getcha head in the game" yet usually the blonde would be laughing with her, yet this time she looked mad. "Fuck off!" She walked off towards the side of the field grabbing her water bottle.

Daan wasn't at training too. She really messed up. Football was her life, she was stopping her life escaping her issues. No their issues. She needed to talk to her, she had no clue were to start.

"Beth!" Joe called her when she was about to walk off the pitch. "Will you join me on the way back, i want to have a chat" she nodded. 'A chat' she wasn't up for that right now especially not with joe.

"What's wrong?" He asked. "I don't know, i am not focused. You're not the only one that's hating me right now" he stopped his famous golfkarton. "Oi! I don't hate you alright. Players loose focus it happens!" He told her, she smiled.

Maybe something good could come of this conversation. "You just need to take that focus back, or at least try to control it and find out what is causing it, or who should i say"

she looked at him. "But i-she" he touched her arm. "She's staying at Kim's" he told her. The blonde thanked him and got out to shower. "Beth" she turned around. "Go talk to her tomorrow night,
Not today" she nodded. "Now go home and rest! Don't be so hard on yourself!"

Joe was a good man, maybe to good for them. She did feel relieved knowing where Daan was, that she was safe.

It was supposed to be her day to cook dinner today. She wasn't up for it. She looked in the fridge and noticed that there was enough to make a simple
Saled. "Do we're eating a salad okay?" She let her know. "Sure, but i can cook too. I'll do that. You go upstairs!" She told her. She wasn't going to be told that twice.

Kim had intentionally let Danielle cook to get her mind of things. "Cook whatever you want and i'll make my way down to the supermarket after training" kim had said to her. She was really craving 'boerenkool' today. So she send a list with the ingredients to Kim hoping she would like it just as much.

"Daan i'm home! Your stuffs in the kitchen" she heard her captain scream and made her way downstairs. "Want me to do anything" kim offered, Daan shook her head. "No i like making this" she smiled, it reminded her of back home.

Kim stayed in the kitchen with Daan making sure she wouldn't blow anything up. "How did training go?" She asked. "It went well" she looked down. "Anyone ask where i was?" Kim smiled. "Not really only Beth asked. Which is the reason i assume you're here" she hinted. "It's complicated" the captain didn't believe her. "Is it?" She asked. "At least that's what it is now, and all of it is my fault"

"Don't think like that, i am sure the both of you have something to do with it" the brunette nodded turning on the stoof to cook the potatoes and the kale. "It will get better" she told her friend walking back into the living room to get her phone that was ringing a few minutes ago.

It was the blonde who was seeking  help of the captain too. "Hey kim. I know Danielle is with you, Joe told me. I really want to talk to her, alone. Can i come over tomorrow night? This can't last any longer, this is tearing both of us apart. Beth was right. The scot knew that.

"Hey Button. She is. Of course, but I can't help you if she doesn't want to talk. I will make sure you won't find me around the house. Whatever happened or is happening is none of my business. Not to overhear anyway, only if you two decide to tell me"

Beth was happy. This is all she wanted, to have the chance to talk to Danielle. To explain it all, even though she felt like The brunette was the one owing her an explanation but for that she needs to let her in. Beth wasn't sure if she would do that.