Chapter 21

The first few days back meant family time. Something she hadn't had in a very long time. Amé had grown so much and could even count now. She was missing so much being away it hurt.

Her sister saw this and made a promise to visit at least once or twice a moth. Daan smiled at the thought of her little niece watching her play. She would definitely have to get her an Arsenal shirt with of course aunties name on the back.

The man of the house was busy with work
And hadn't been able to visit his daughter for 8 weeks. She was a daddy's girl so it hurt, but she also really missed her mom who wasn't always so furtinute  and able to visit.

And yet the last day she was in Holland she was kicked out of the house to go spend time with all her friends. But when word got out she was home from Marlou they all wanted to be reunited with her.

She wasn't active on social media these past few days. It was not her intention to let her fans know she was back. She loved them but she really didn't need people to go looking for her.

Arsenal had brought out a statement already that she wasn't injured and fit to play. Yet numerous questions were asked when fans didn't spot her in training videos.

In all her thoughts she couldn't hear her mum calling who eventually went upstairs to check if her daughter was okay. "Danielle ik heb je nu al een paar keer geroepen voor het ontbijt. ( i called you down for breakfast a few times already)"

"Sorry moettie" she got out of her bed joining her mom and family downstairs. Evi her Husband and little Amé were there too. "Goedemorgen" Evi said to her sister handig her a freshly made glass of orange juice.

"Morgen" it was late, The only thing the brunette had been doing here was sleeping in. "Are you excited for today?" Chris asked.

Daan nodddd. "Yes it will be nice to see them all again" her mom smiled until she shot her oldest a warning look. "Will she be there too?" The midfielder looked at her sister surprised. "Yes she will Evi. We are both adults and still friends"

"I have always liked her" her mother nodded in agreement. "We broke up for a reason and don't get your hopes up, i like someone else" ivonne looked up in shock, Danielle wasn't usually a person to open up about her love life. "Wie dan? (Who)"

"Not important" she left the dinner table letting them know the conversation was over. All eyes were focused on Evi, she must know they thought. She did but if her little sister didn't want them too know she would never spill the beans.

Daan got ready to meat Marlou in the heart of Amsterdam, she had always had great love for the capital. They were renting a boat for a couple of hours, but first Danielle told herself she was highly in need of a new outfit, that's what she told herself at least. It was a good excuse.

"Heyy!" Her best friends screamed from across the street. Daan happily waved at her. Those days had been doing her good. She was slowly starting to get back to being Daan.They reunited with a big hug before making their way inside to their favorite shops.

"hoe gaat het nu exht met je? How are you now,really?" Marlou asked her after they had decided to eat lunch. "Better, i have a
Meeting with Joe on Saturday." She smiled before continuing. "He will let me manage the game on sunday, i have been studying their tactics the past few days and have found the perfect starting line up" she clapped her hands together out of excitement.

Marlou knew she had been wanting to do this for the longest time and was absolutely pleased for her,
she would definitely watch the game.

After lunch they were supposed to head to the boat already but Daan saw a Victoria secret shop
And begged Marlou to stop there. After some bickering she gave in.

Daan looked at some marching lacy set, two of them and knew she needed those. A new pajama top as well with matching which she would barely were.

"Nu moeten we echt gaan! (We really need to go now" Marlou told Daan grabbing ahold
Of her arm runic towards the boar were all there friends were waiting on them already.

She was happy to see all of them, even her ex. "Who are you trying to get into your bed kleintje?" Her ex winked pointing at the her bags. "Not you" both of them looked at each other and laughed. They would never go there again, they couldn't.

Both had moved on. Her ex was happy with her new girlfriend, one of her close friends. She enjoyed seeing them together. They are a very cute couple and work really well, there were no hard feelings or what so ever between them.

"No really though?" She insisted on the brunette answering. Marlou looked at her face that had turned into a red color. She hated herself for thinking about the blonde, the things that she thought about. "Promise you don't tell?" Daan gave her a hopeful look and Maddie gave her a nod. "I don't know if it will ever or if it can even work out. She is one of my teammates, we started of really well and were flirting but then i said yes to Liam and ruined it all. It hurt us both, me more than her" she looked down. "Why do you think i'm here" all her friends gave her a hug.

"Don't worry about it. If it is meant to workout between you it will" Maddie told her with Indy her girlfriend nodding along firmly. "It will workout, i have seen what they had before him. That might have disappeared but i am sure that you two will be able to get back to where you were!"

Daan was so grateful for all of them. "Thank you all so much! Ik hou van jullie (i love you all)!" They smiled and continued the catching up and having a little fun.

Daan had returned late at night and talked to her parents who would be out for work the morning she would be leaving, she gave both of them a big hug.

In the morning she was dropped of at
The airport by her big sister and her favorite niece. Saying goodbye was and always will be hars but she knew she was going to see them again very soon.