Chapter 11

It was Daan's turn to cook last night. The training had tired her out, she just wanted to sit on the couch. Yet she had been so stupid to not stop by the grocery right after training, she was just to distracted.

The cooking wouldn't take as long as usual though. Do's boyfriend was in town for a weak again meaning they would spend their time at his hotel. Anna and Carla were invited by Jordan and Leah for dinner, leaving the two trouble makers of the house.

She was nervous for tonight. If she knew they would be the only ones home she would head of to Mason, or to anyone really. Tonight that wasn't possible. You can't avoid her forever Daan!! She told herself in a firm voice.

With a lot of protest she eventually made her way to the groceries store. Lasanga, she would make lasagna. She would try to make it*. After putting everything in her shopping cart she headed over to the cashier check. The employee was scanning everything until she felt someone pull on her jacket.

She turned around and saw a smal child, she was around six. "Hi" Daan waved at the girl. She tried hiding behind her mom "i'm sorry, what did she do this time?" The mom asked looking at her daughter shooting her a warning look. "Oh no, it's alright! She just pulled my jacket" the girl smiled at the brunette. "Liv! That is not very polite of you, now go apologize to that nice lady"

the girl looked at her mom pleadingly. "But mummy that's Danielle van de Donk, she plays for Arsenal!! Me and daddy love her!!" The way she tried to pronounce her name made her smile, it was the cutest thing she had seen all day. "I am, do you play? I reckon you're a great baller yourself too!" She winked at the little girl making her cheeks flush red.

"Miss! Sorry to interrupt, cash or card" she totally forgot. "I am so sorry card please" she paid for her groceries and started to load them in the bags not forgetting to continue the conversation with the little girl.

"She does play, she loves it!" The mom informed her. "Yes i do!" She handed her a small piece of paper. "It's a drawing i made in school, it's for you now" she opened the paper and could vaguely make out herself in it. "Is that me?" She pointed at the figure, the girl nodded. "I love it! Thank you!" The girls smile grew bigger. "Are you coming to the match Sunday?" Her face turned sad. "No i have a birthday party then, me and daddy will come in two weeks again!" The mom smiled at both of them paying their groceries. " i will see you then! Give me a little wave and i'll come over" she nodded. "Wait! Daan. Can i have a photo before you go?" She asked hopeful. "Of course!"

They took the photo, a few of them. Also some with Daan's phone, she just loved the girl! "Thank you so much for the time Danielle!" The mom told her taking the girls hand making her way out of the shop. "No problem! Bye Liv, see you in two weeks!" She blew a kiss hand at the girl before getting in the car making her way back home.

As usual she got a whole lot more then she actually needed. She stumbled trough the front door with three bags in hand. "Uh little help please!" Beth just laughed at her and focused her attention back on her phone. Daan scoffed throwing her jacket at her. "What the fuck?!" The blonde got up and made her way upstairs.

Shit i messed up once again, she thought shaking her head in disbelief. She might as well make herself useful once in her life.

When she finally managed to get all the bags out of the boot she started cooking. She just wasn't sure if Beth would be okay with having spinach in it, it was never cooked when the blonde was home.

She made her way upstairs towards her room and knocked on the door. "What?!" The brunette was
Taken aback by the aggression in her voice. "God! I was only going to ask if u want spinach in the lasagne or not" she said. "I don't care!" Did you really have to yell like that? Daan was thinking making her way back down to the stove.

When she was done and the lasagne was put in the oven she called her sister. "Heyy kleintje!" Evi screamed trough the phone. "Hoe gaat het(how are you)?" She asked. "Wel goed hoor (i'm doimg good)" she told her sister who didn't believe her. "Daantje lieg niet (don't lie)" The brunette sighed.

"Het gaat oke, ik en Mason zijn uit elkaar (i'm okay, mason and i broke up" her sister made an 'o' sound. "Hzo?( why)" evie asked. "Hij zij dat ik van iemand anders houd maar dat zelf nog niet weet. (He told me that i love someone else and I don't know that yet)" she told her big sister. "Do you?" Daan was starstruck but luckily her cooking timer went off. "Weet ik niet, maar me eten is klaar dus ik spreek je morgen. Bye, hou van jou!! (I don't know, but my dinner is ready. I'll take to you tomorrow. Bye, love you!!)" before her sister could stop her she had already hung up the phone.

"Beth dinner is ready!!" She heard her down up and could hear her weight drop on The stairs. She sat down on a chair at the dinner table. Daan wasn't sure if she should do the same.

They were eating in silince until the brunette felt the need to speak up. "I'm sorry" she don't know why but she just felt the need to. "Danielle just don't!" She told her. " tell me that all we had were lies, show me that to you I don't care then!" Beth stood up from her chair.  "Fine i will!!"" Storms out of the room.

She really messed up big this time.