Chapter 16

Chapter 16 already!!! I'll ask you to stay patient just a little longer🙃 i hope you all still like it, if you do don't forget to let me know what you think by posting or voting!❤️

Danielle was woken up the next morning. She had an appointment with the team therapist. Not only did she not want to go, she didn't even know why she was going. Like it could fix all our problems.

"Kim why?! It's only nine" she was forced out of bed, it was supposed to be her day off. "We're going on a run!" She told Daan throwing some workout clothes at her. "It will be good for you" the brunette groaned finally making her way to the bathroom to get ready.

Her hair was a mess. Frizzy and uncontrollable. It was put up in a bun. She brushed her teeth and made her way downstairs. There was Kim waiting on her with a protein shake in her hand.

Daan chugged it down putting it on the kitchen counter. She was told to hurry up by Kim, it wouldn't actually matter. They had nowhere to go.
After she was told to hurry up one more time she put on her running shoes and the two were out of the door.

"Why are we running, did you not check the weather forecast?!" It was raining and windy. "I did, now stop complaining and run" kim ran ahead of her forcing Daan to do the same if she wanted to catch up with her.

"Stop! I am done with this" the brunette lowered her pace stopping at her favorite coffee place. "Alright then, what do you want?" Kim asked her. "A flat white" kim ordered for them, Daan offered to pay but kim snapped her hand with the money away.

"Thank you! Next time it's my treat" she said firmly, this wasn't the first time the scot had done something like this. "Yeah yeah, don't worry 'bout it" she waved her arm in the air dismissing the subject.

"So i'll drop you off at two today at the ground. Text me when you're done and i'll pick you up" the brunette looked up from the couch still wet from the run. "I can take my own car" kim sat down next to her handing her a cup of water. "I know that. I also know that if you go by yourself you won't set a foot in there today."

She wasn't wrong, she would probably sit in her car for the time. "I just want what's best for you, so you can move on or continue if that's what you want. We miss our Duracell Daantje on the pitch" kim told her. She loved the nickname, it was one of the many the Dutch fans had given to her. "I know and thank you for that"

"Now go shower you stink" kim pushed her of off the couch. "Ouch that hurt!" She jokingly made a faint cry noice heading up the stairs.

After her shower she sat down on the bed. She looked at her phone. She was running late already. It was 1, which meant little time to get ready. Something the brunette hated.

Her hair was straightened with light make up on. Nike sweatpants and a shirt, it wasn't like she would be on her way to something fancy.

"Danielle you ready" kim screamed from the stairs. She did not answer, just made her way down the stairs.

The drive there seemed to last forever. The road wasn't ending anytime soon in her eyes. Even the songs seemed to be way longer. She really couldn't wait for it to be over.

When they were finally there Kim stopped the car as close to the front door as possible. "Daan promise me one thing" the brunette nodded. "Be honest about how you feel, it will help. Tell her what you need" she nodded and opened the car door.

She passed some staff in the hallway all of them greeting her. They were still there doing the work that couldn't be done when the players were there.

The men team was training today as well. She saw some of them passing her too. They were all very polite waving at her or saying hi.

When she finally arrived at the Office, Joe's office she reluctantly knocked on it. "Come on in" she opened the door. He pointed at the chair in front of him motioning for her to sit down.

"Hello Daan" he said. "Hi" he looked at her taking a sip of his coffee. "How are you?" She looked down. "I don't know. It just, everything i do feels wrong right now. I need it to feel right again like it used to. She started. "I get that, i have been there. It will come in time. Just take it slow. I also understand Kim made an appointment with the therapist." She nodded. "Yes she did. I don't want to go" he laughed. Her stubbornness was something else. "I know you don't, and just tell her what you want to. No pressure. Saying nothing is okay too." She smiled." Thank you" .

"It's my job" she smiled. "You are very good at it, i think i'll make a great manager someday too" he nodded. "I think so too, but don't retire just yet. We need you" he told her.

"Also Daan. I know everything has been tough on you, you've played the full  ninety minutes every game this season. That's not helping too. I've looked at the contract you signed with pedro, that allows you to have a little more days of then we have all agreed on. I want to give you those this week, you can come back in on Monday so you have the time to rest and recover."

"Thank you Joe, but i can train" he smiled. "I know you can, i'm not doubting your skills Daan it's your mind i'm worried about. I just think it'll do you some good." She sighed. "It's not up for discussion" he told her with a friendly wink.

"Now will i need to book you a ticket home?" She smiled and nodded. Maybe this would be good for her. "Yes" she told him firmly.

"Alright then i'll see you back here on Monday, take care! I will mail/ text you the details of the flight" she thanked him once more then walked out of his office.

She continued her way to the therapist. She barely told her anything, only some of it but the advice in the end was helpful. She was just very excited to be able to go home for a few day, back to where it all started.