Chapter 4

"Night Danielle" Beth said getting up. She was stopped when she was about to leave. "Wait, do you maybe wanna stick around and watch a movie?" She asked. The blonde nodded and walked back to the bed.

"What movie would you like to watch cutie?"Beth decided to ignore the nickname and the blush that was forming on her face once more. "I don't know" she answered. "Well then uh what's your favorite?" The blonde wasn't keen on answering this but after the convincing of Daan she did. "High school musical" the brunette let out a small giggle. "That's cute" she said and typed it on Netflix.

"Why?" She asked. "I don't know, i just love it" Daan smiled at her. "What is it about?" The forward was left with shock on her face. "You have never seen it" when the brunette shook her head she jumped of the bed. "Really omg" she said. "We'll watch it now then, if that's okay with you cutie?" She proposed and the blonde said yes.

Danielle knew full well she was annoying her new teammate with the nickname. She enjoyed the look on her face and she was sure she saw a small blush form every time she did it.

It was something she always did to mess with the new signings. Some of them hated it and others enjoyed it. She would never take away an opportunity to mess with new friends.  

"You know i was very impressed with you today. You'll do great things for Arsenal and soon enough for England. i'm sure of it!" Daan suddenly said making Beth's attention on the movie fade. "Thank you Daan"

The brunette smiled at her. "What?" Beth snorted. "It's the first time you called me Daan" she said a huge smile forming on her face. "Yeah it is" she smiled at her one last time before focusing her attention back to the screen.

After the movie was over the blonde found herself back in her own room with the not so comfy bed. With the day off tomorrow she promised herself she was going to buy a new one. 'Maybe Daan wants
To tag along' she thought to herself.

She had a really good time tonight with her. They got along well. Beth still found her very intimidating though. Even though she didn't have to.

"Hey Beth" Leah said catching up to her on the way to the training pitch."hey girll" Beth said putting an arm over her shoulder. They knew each other since
The youth levels. That's why the defender knew something was bothering her.

"Is everything okay?" She asked and the blonde smiled at her. "Yeah no it's just, i don't know. Daan and" Leah laughed. "Daan is just Daan hun, there's nothing scary about her" she told her with a sweet smile before upping her speed to join her housemate and girlfriend Jordan Nobbs.

The next morning the brunette woke up with loud bangs coming from the kitchen. She grabbed her joggers from the chair at her desk and walked downstairs to see the kitchen covered in flower.

"Uh what happened here?" She asked a scared tone in her voice. Beth appeared from her hiding spot behing the kitchen island. She looked like a snowman. Daan laughed at pointed at the mess asking what the mess was she had made. "I i uh tried to bake pancakes but then i put on the mixer and the flower and then poof" The blonde was rambling on and on about the incident until Daan eventually stopped her covering her mouth with her hand.

In this very moment Dominique walked in with carla and Anne. Some laughed others didn't. "Is it so hard to cook!" Carla said walking to the kitchen grabbing a towel and started cleaning. Anna gave her a sweet smile, she knew she was just trying to be nice. Daan knew too and proceeded to make the pancakes causing more mess.

"DANIELLE" carla screamed taking the mixer out of the electrical outlet. "What?" She answered calm. Beth had turned into an insecure mess standing next to Daan not dure what to do. Carla snorted walking away to the living room.

The feisty brunette followed her. "You know you need to fucking suck it up okay! She's only trying to do something nice for us. All you can do is be mad about it cause she's making a mess! You can clean a mess Carla but you can't tidy up a ruined start!" She screamed looking Carla dead in the eye.

When she walked back in she saw Daan and Beth baking the pancakes with a lot of giggles. She knew she was in the wrong, she was just trying to be nice.  Do was cleaning the kitchen in the meantime shaking her head whilst looking at the two of them. They could turn out the be really good friends of each other.

During breakfast Do had a habit of starting a conversation. "What are you all up too today?" She asked "Ohw uhm i'm going to see mason actually" a small smile formed on her face dropping her plate in the sink. "Ahw that's adorable" Anna said and The blonde had a confused look on her face.

"They've been going out a couple of times now, none of us knows what it is but yeah" Carla laughed. "Friends with benefits you mean" Anne poked in her side shooting her a warning look. "No comment" Daan said walking up the stairs to get ready.

As the brunette left to go to Mason she realized something. All these girls have been her for a very long time. They already have their own life that she was barging into. She was never truly going to fit in as much as she hoped she would.