Chapter 12

Enjoy!!❤️

Two days had passed since their little incident. No words had been spoken. The ice that was melting was frozen again.

Today was game day, it was the favorite day of both of them. Yet they weren't excited. The last day in training had sucked and the connection on the field, the only thing that was still left between them seemed to be gone too.

They had arrived yesterday, it was an away game. Liverpool would be played. The way to the hotel was quit with most of the girls being tired from the practice that morning.

Joe was a very good manager and knew exactly how to push every single one to their limits. They had a feeling they could be very good with him. Maybe even the best.

*
"Let's see who Dani will be fucking tonight oi!" Katie screamed when the rooms were about to be assigned. Referring back to the time Daan wouldn't be ashamed of hooking up with teammates ot anyone in general really. "Scharrel!" Sari laughed at the way the Irish woman pronounced it. "Piss off! You know i'm Not like that anymore" she answered calmly. "Yeah we know Dani, we're all just taking the piss out of yah" louise said who was there to witness it all back in the day. "I lost count back then to be honest" the brunette laughed. "Yeah me too, glad i'm passed that"

"Yeah now she does the friends with benefits stuff" leah commented which did upset Daan. "Heyy! You don't have to comment on my relationships! Okay!" Leah scuffed. "You can hardly call that a relationship babes" she was fiddling with her hands know, it still hurt the way it went. "You know nothing about it Leah, just shut it! And open your mouth when you actually know something for once!" Katie was about to get involved before Joe did.

"Alright girlss hello again. Room assignments are on this sheet. I will not check if you are in the correct room. I hope you can be grownups about this, if not then that's none of my business either! It's up to you to follow it or not. I refuse to play around and act like a cop" he said leaving the girls alone getting back to start a meeting with his staff.
*

Daan was roomed with kim. She didn't mind. Kim was the captain of their squad and had been for a very long time, together with Jordan. She enjoyed her company. Kim overall was calm and kept the team at the ground, including the feisty brunette. Yet the handle she used to have on her was slowly slipping. She could just feel it.

"Danielle wake up!" Kim pulled at her arm making the brunette groan. "I'm up i'm up!" She jumped out of bed afraid kim would annoy her any further. Kim laughed at her shaking her head.

Both of them got ready for breakfast but when they were about to walk out the door kim said something. "Daan before we go, can i talk to you?" She asked carefully, she knew not to push her buttons. "Yes" she had a feeling what this was going to be about.

"Are you okay? What's been up with you lately?" The brunette looked down and started to fiddle with her hands. "I-i don't know" she told her. "Daan please don't lie to me, i know somethings up"

"I have been feeling like shit lately, i'll be okay, i just need some time to redeem myself and be away from everyone" kim nodded. "You don't want to tell me what it's about?" She asked. "No not really, just know that i will be okay. I'll just need some time" she told her honestly. "Daan what if we don't have time?" Kim was worried about her. "Then i'll find a way! Don't worry. Thank you for looking out for me kimmie!" She pulled her in a hug. "No problem"

The two walked down to breakfast together in a comfortable silicone. Leah joined them halfway. Daan was still mad at her for what she had said yesterday. "Danielle i'm sorry. I shouldn't have said what i did yesterday. It's none of my business what you do and don't do"

"It's okay Leah, really!" She told her opening the door entering the dining hall that was stuffed with breakfast.

"Niceee!" Jordan screamed appearing behind them. "Good morning everyone!" She said to the few who were there already. "Morning" said viv slugging in the room, she was not a morning person! Lisa was walking behind her laughing pushing her back to make her hurry up.

When all the girls were there they walked around the buffet collecting their preferred breakfast. "Pff such a relief Dani didn't come her wining like a baby cause 'they don't have hagelslag'" louise said mocking her.

When she first got to england she figured they would have it here too, but when she didn't see it at breakfast the next morning at a hotel she started to act like a 2 year old about it. "That was one time" she said in her defense. "Yeah and then another and another!" Katie laughed at her own statement

"Ohw that is not true" Jordan scoffed. "Yes it is Daan, it happened numerous times" the brunette looked offended. "Pfff whaha like you can remember those times" Daan said. "Yes I remember!" She firmly nodded her head. "You probably don't remember what we had for dinner last night"

"I do remember" she said thinking back. "Right! Leah what was it again?" She asked whispering hoping the others couldn't hear her. "God Jord you're unbelievable" Leah said pushing her in the side. "Tell me please!" You could see her begging eyes. "Salmon and potatoes" she told her. "You could remember, right!" Daan said putting her plate away grabbing a glass of water.

They moved from topic to topic until their manager walked in with the staff. They would probably be announcing the starting xi. The brunette was curious to see if she would be in there today.