Chapter 18

"Will you let me in?" The blonde asked looking at Daan. Both of them were crying. She nodded and opened the door so she was able to enter. "Thank you" the midfielder nodded and sat down on the couch looking down at the floor.

"Danielle" the older women looked up to see a pair of puffy blue eyes stare at her. "You wanted to talk ,so talk" she said making her way to the kitchen pouring herself and Beth a glas of water.

"How did we get here?" She asked appearing behind her. She shrugged her shoulders handing her the glass of water. "I don't know"

"You hurt me" Daan knew she did. "You hurt me
Too" the blonde looked down. "I know" she saw another tear roll down The brunettes cheek.

"I just need to know why, Danielle." She handed Beth a tissue. "I-i you were not saying anything and then he asked me and i did like him, just not in -in that way. You were not talking to me anymore i didn-t know wh at do to" it would have been better if she handed that tissue to herself.

"It was to hard! You were happy with someone that wasn't me! You can't expect me to look at you then and smile" Her voice was raised something the midfielder didn't like. "You could have told me!"

"I could have!" She said. "Why didn't you then huh?!" The brunettes voice was raised now too. "I didn't know how to. You didn't talk to me either anymore, not like you used to! It was like we were strangers!"

"We broke up! He broke up with you because of you" She screamed. "How was I supposed to know that?! That wouldn't have changed anything!" Daan scuffed. "What" was the snappy and short response she got. "I tried! You're the one that pushed me away. So don't go and blame me for all of it."

"I can blame you for some!" She shook her head. "Yeah cause i told you to sleep with that girl!" Beth looked down and started crying harder. "We didn't do anything!! I couldn't! We talked the entire night about you, everything!"

"What?" Daan was left with a surprised face after the blonde nodded. "I am sorry for all the things that i've done to you. But that doesn't make the things you did right"

"And i know that! I am not asking for forgiveness" she said. "Okay then what is it that you're asking" she whiped some of her tears away with her hands. "For us to try and go back to where we used to be, even if that means just friends i am willing to except that! I miss you Danielle"

"Okay" she nodded letting a small smile show on her face. "I missed you too". Beth looked at her, both of their eyes were still puffy from all the crying they had been doing. The blondes hand travelled up to her face wiping away her tears.

Daan lowered her head down. She bent down a little looking at the brunette putting a finger on her chin raising her head up. "We will be okay" she told her. The older woman nodded. Beth opened her arms for a hug.

It may be to soon both the both of them needed it. In that moment it just felt right. They parted taking their distance again. Neither of them sure of what to say.

"I'm leaving for a couple of days" she sat down on the kitchen counter playing with their hands. "Where are you going?" She asked. "Holland, back Home!" She was smiling, she was excited.

"It will be good for you, i'm happy for you" she told her. "Yeah i think so to, thank you" the blonde smiled at her taking a sip of her water.

"When will you be back?" Daan made her way over to the couch. Beth followed her and sat down. "I will be back on Saturday in the morning" she answered. "So you'll be at the game" Daan nodded. "I've got to support the girls" she told the blonde with a serious face.

She was about to ask her something else when They heard the front door open, kim walked in and looked surprised when she saw the two sitting on the couch.

"Hi" she greeted both of them. "How are you Beth?"   She asked. "i'm doing well" Beth told her, for the first time in a very long time Kim could tell she wasn't lying anymore. "Good to hear" she smiled at the winger.

"I see you two talked" she pointed a finger between the two of them. "We did" answered Daan with Beth nodding along. "I'm proud of the both of you"

"Can i give you some advice" they both nodded and kim sat down across from them on her reading chair. "Give it time girls. I don't want you to get your expectations up to high, it won't be able to get back to the wat it used to be in one day. I just want you to know and accept that"

"We know Kimmie" The brunette smiled at her. "Thank you Kim, really! I appreciate you so much". Beth said getting up to give her captain a hug.

"I need to go, Dom asked me to be home om time for training tomorrow" Kim nodded to Daan to walk her out.

"Thank you" the brunette tilted her head. "For letting me talk to you". Daan smiled "no problem". Beth stayed on the porch looking at her.

"What?" Daan asked letting a giggle escape. "Nothing, i just wanted to say have fun. I hope you'll be back stronger" she told the tinier woman. "I will, defo" the blonde laughed.

"Acting all British now are yah" Daan scoffed slapping the blondes arms. "Piss of!" She told her with a smile. "I will, bye Danielle" Daan waved and closer the door letting go of a breath she didn't know she was holding. They talked like adults.