Chapter 24

Today was Monday, it would be her first day back training. They had agreed that she would start of with some cardio and would join them on Thursday with the actual training, she was hoping for a place in that line up because she remembered someone would be there.

On the treadmill her mind went back to yesterday's match and all the good things that were said about it.

"This woman did a fabulous job today! They all deserved the win and definitely were the better team! I am excited to watch this woman have a big impact on  women's football world in the future" Emma hays the rival manager had said to BBC but the words Joe told them meant much more to her.

"Danielle is injury free, but the hard truth is that you can also suffer mentally. We as the club have given her a few days off with the opportunity to manage this game"

"It has been something she wants to do in the future and i have full faith in my players, so i let her. Making her still be a part from the team. She did a better job than any other manager has whilst playing Chelsea and we are all very proud of her and I myself am very excited to see the great things she'll do in the future"

And of course to see her sister fly to London to watch her with her dad. It meant so much to her to make them proud, they did everything for her.

It made her smile from ear to ear. As much as she enjoyed being on the sidelines she was also eager to get out on the field again. She knew she had a few years left in her and was not ready to waste those without being the best she possibly could be.

Her thoughts were interrupted when the team started walking in being finished with their small run. It was now time for recovery. She was told to join the girls in the Yoga session.

"Daantje!" Sari hugged her lifting her of the ground. "Laat me los(let me go)" she was moving her feet and arms in an attempt to get loose from her. Sari did eventually let go of her and handed her a yoga mat.

She placed it on the floor next to her starting a conversation with Do who sat down next to her. Sari sat down behind her. "Daan, ik wil je meevragen voor koffie met Beth. Als dat te veel wordt moet je het zeggen, maar we willen beide graag met je praten. (I want you to ask if you'd join me and Beth for a coffee. If that's too much for you just say it, but we would really like to talk to you both)" Do asked. "I'll be fine Do" she gave her a reassuring smile and focused back on the trainers.

After some of the girls stayed and took the opportunity to use the spare time to work out in the gym. Danielle wanted to do the same but was told to go home by the staff.

The midfielder was interrupted when she was about to leave by Dominique. "What time do you want to meet there?" Right, they were going to grab a coffee she almost forgot. "How does half past 2 sound" Do nodded. That meant she had 2 hour to get ready and Half an hour to travel back to Kim's and the coffee shop.

Kim was already waiting in the car for her. She apologized for not being faster. When she got home she changed into a more elegant outfit. Black jeans with a pink silky blouse and golden jewelry. She curled her hair and let it hang over her shoulder. She was rocking that outfit. 

By the time she was done it was already time to go. She arrived at the coffee shop at 35, a little later than planned but you cannot expect her to be on time.

"Hi" she was greeted by the both of them. "Hey" she sat down on the free seat next to Dominique. "We already ordered for you, i hope a flat white is okay?" Do asked her hesitantly. She nodded and smiled. "Thank you"

The waitress delivered their order and kept a firm eye on Daan, she was checking her out. Beth was sure of it. "And the flat white i presume is for this beautiful lady who was late" she nodded politely accepting the coffee. "Alright then let me know if you girls need anything" again her attention completely on Daan giving her wink when she walked away.

"Nou dat hebben we ook weer meegemaakt" Do said making Daan laugh. The blonde gave them a questioning look. "What does that mean?" She asked. "Ow uhm well we've got to live trough that too. Something like that I think" she nodded. "I think i know what you meant"

"Daantje if you don't want to talk about it just tell us but we want to know when and if you'll come home?" Right she knew she had too. "Whenever you seem fit, i think i am ready to try" she nodded along to what she was saying.

"Are you sure?" Beth asked, she could just say this not to hurt us. She smiled at the winger. "Tomorrow?" They agreed. "Kim will be happy she'll finally get her rest back" they al laughed taking a sip of their coffee.

"I am actually in the mood for a cookie" she looked at Daan who had a smirk on her face. Beth soon understood and didn't know if she should laugh or not.

"Hey" Daan flashed her a smile. "Hello pretty" she said. "Can i get a cookie, chocolate chip please" the waitress nodded and served her it. "On the house" she winked and Daan walked away blowing her kiss handing Do her cookie. "Done deal" they both laughed about it a couple minutes before Beth spoke up again.

"What time will you be here tomorrow then?" She asked. "I think i'll be back around noon if that's okay. I have a small training in the morning" they both nodded. "What do you want for dinner?" Daan thought for a second before answering. "Anything is fine" Beth smiled.

She had seen Beth openly goggle her looks multiple times now.. When she winked her face turned red and Do who was focused on her conversation with Daan was oblivious.

After some more chatting and giggling they said their goodbyes. The brunette got in her car smiling it might work out for her this time.

Hope you enjoy!!