Chapter 17

Enjoy!❤️ underlined means it's originally said in Dutch. Please let your thoughts and opinions on this story speak freely, I appreciate it!!🙃

Arriving back at Kim's she plopped down on the couch. It was now 16.00pm. The Scot was busy cooking dinner for the both of them.

She turned on the tv but a little later, she looked behind her when the tv got turned off she saw Kim standing with the remote in her hand. "A little help would be nice Dani"

She got up and made her way to the kitchen. She was cooking one of her famous Scottish dishes that the brunette absolutely hated, haggis. The last time she ate it, it had made her so nauseous she would never eat it again.

"I wanted to order something, it's cheat day" kim giggled. "It is, and if you want to we can. That was for tomorrow actually" she told the brunette who was smiling widely.

"Ow oke, but I don't know if i will still be here then" kim looked up. "You're going back?" She asked. "Uhm not really, joe is making me take the days of that i haven't had but are on my contract. I am going home, so I don't know what time i have to be at the airport" she was smiling even more thinking about going home and seeing her family again.

"Ahw good for you!" Kim pulled her in a side hug. "Yeah i think so too" she let go walking to the fridge grabbing a new bottle of water. " go on and order the sushi" she grabbed her phone of the couch and ordered away.

When it arrived it was of course way to much for the both of them. The table was filled with sushi and the two were happily laughing and joking together.

"Daan, i will be out tonight. Heading to Jeniffer and old teammate from Arsenal and national still" she said. "Ow okay" she took her and Kim's plate. "Is that okay?" She asked. "Yeah no problem, i will entertain myself. And i still need to pack anyway" she told kim leaving the plates in the dishwasher having rinsed them off.

"So you know when your flight will be?" The brunette nodded. "At 20.00pm so i'll need to be at the airport around 7, i was hoping that you could drop me of" she said with a hopeful look on her face. "Of course, no problem. What time will you be back?" She checked the details from the email once more. "I will fly back Saturday at 8 so that's when i'll be here as well. So if you could pick me up there at nine"

"Of course" she thanked her captain, she truly was one of the best captains you could wish for. "Thank you so much Kimmie. keep Saturday night free, i'll treat you with dinner" the Scottish woman smiled. "You don't need to do that Daan" she told her. "I want to"

"Okay, well i'll go shower and be out by then. I don't know when i'll be back so don't wait for me!" She screamed leaving to get ready.

An hour later Daan was left alone in a house that was still unknown to her. She still had so much to do tonight before she would leave tomorrow.

Kim had asked her to do laundry. She was currently trying to figure how this thing worked. It had all kinds of buttons on them that hers did not have.

one of the weirdest things that still amazed her to this day was that the machine was placed in the kitchen. 'Why would you want that' she was always thinking when she looked at one.

She finally got the stupid thing working after 30 minutes. 'Time to sit down' she thought. All the clothes she wanted to bring she washed first so she needed to wait before all the laundry was finished and came out of the dryer before she continued packing.

Calling her sister in the meantime to waist some time and to tell her that she was even going home which she had totally forgotten to tell. "Hey Daantje" she was happy to hear her sisters voice. "He, I'm coming back home tomorrow for a few days. Joe has given me my days of from the old contract i still have that don't match with the vacations now" her sisters excitement could be heard on the phone. "Owh wat leuk Daantje!! (that's nice)"

"Ja it is. I can finally spend some time with you all and little amétje" she smiled, she hadn't seen her niece in so long. Not since the Euros that were a few moths ago. "Do we need to pick you up? What time?" Her sister offered. "If you're okay with it. I fly at 8 english time, so i think you can pick me up on that time as well, thnx sissie"

After hanging up as if on que the laundry started to beep. Now it was time to put everything in the dryer after that would be done she could finally pack and head to bed. 

When she was packing up she heard the doorbell ring. 'Maybe Kim forgot her keys' it was pretty late already. But that was not who was at the door. She could vaguely make out the blonde trough the peaking whole.

"Danielle i know you're home" she said ringing the bell once more with a raised voice. "Come on Kim told me!" Daan was sat against the door, all the memories got back in one moment making her cry again. "No!" She could hear a bang on the door.

"Danielle!" The blonde called once more. "You won't see me fall apart!" She told her. "I have already seen you fall apart" she stayed quiet, she didn't know what to say. "Stop hiding and let me in! Why is it so hard for us to have a conversation like the grown ups we're supposed to be"

She opened the door and her head peaked trough it a little, she wasn't the only one that seemed like they had fallen. Maybe they could get back up together or at least try.