Chapter 9

New chapter is up!! Some of you will be happy 'bout it, others won't. I'll post the next chapter as soon as possible!!

Hope you enjoy!❤️

In the next two months a lot happened. A distance was formed between the two girls. They were on speaking terms, but the conversations they were having weren't as deep as they used to be. There was so much ice between them, it had just gotten too hard to melt.

They both knew they had feelings for one another, just not off each other. The ice was forming naturally around them, their interactions became less and less almost to the point were it stopped.

As hard as they tried, they always failed. It wasn't an easy thing for the both of them but they also thought it was for the best so they deliberately let it happen. Even though Daan felt more like it was her fault, it all started with a decision she made after all.

"Heyy little one, I didn't know Mason would go to your game" Dan Carter said entering the changing room. "Yeah me neither, it was a surprise" you could hear a couple ahws fill the room. "It was like the cutest thing ever, he asked her to be his girlfriend" Carla looked at Daan in disbelief waiting for confirmation. "Well what did you say?!" Emma Mitchell screamed. "Yes, i said yes" she was congratulated by all the girls, by Beth too with a hug.

The blondes training wasn't the best that day. Was it all fake? She asked herself looking at all the things she, correction the both of them had done.

Daan was happy with Mason. She could be herself around him, and have lots of fun. There were always good conversations going on with lots of laughter in between. But deep down she knew her heart's desire. It was the blonde girl on her team with the bright blue eyes and a smile that shined brighter than the sun.

Yet tomorrow she was going out with him, For their 6 moths anniversary. But first she was going out with Marlou, one of her friends from the Netherlands had flown over to see her. She was hoping that she would know what to do. Truth be told she never told her any of it, she hates being in struggles like this.

She drove down to the airport with a lot
Of excitement on her face. She was going to try and have fun today, she hadn't in a very long time. In some ways it was eating her alive.

"Heyyy!" She ran to her friend hugging her. She held on to her tightly. "Heyy Daantje, hoe gaat het (how are you)" all her anger, unhappiness and all the uncertainties in her live she realized and started crying. "I'm miserable" she told her.

Marlou held onto her tightly, she didn't know what to do. The last time she had seen her in such a bad stage is when she decided to end the 5 year relationship with her ex. Love mad its way for agressiom , happiness mad its way for sadness.

"Stt het komt goed schat( it will be okay hun" she rubbed her back trying to comfort her. She wasn't stopping with crying, it had been 10 minutes know.

This was something that was bottling up for ages Marlou was thinking. "Zullen wij naar huis gaan? Daar kunnen we praten oke ( shall we go home to talk there)" But Daan didn't want to talk about it, not all of it. But she told herself she was going to. "Ik rijd wel (i'll drive)" marlou opened the passengers seat for The brunette to get in.

"Pas wel ope he aub (watch out please)" her friend driving was supposed to relieve some pressure of her. She knew she had only driven in England a few times and was afraid of her driving on the wrong side of the rode. "Jaja (yessss)" marlou hit her head softly, a giggle escaped her mouth.

So she can still smile Marlou thought. That's a plus, she though. When she got to Psv she tore her Acl it hit her hard, the memories still hurt sometimes. She knew it had nothing to do with an injury so she was getting curious to what it was about.

On the wat the two girls stopped for coffee. Daan opted for an icee coffee, something really is bothering her Marlou thought. When the brunette orders ice coffee with extra caramel she really is hurting or harmed.

When they got home her stuff was put in Daan's room. As they got downstairs to drink something they heard keys jingle and be put in the door.

"Owh hi" Beth said when she saw Daan standing in the kitchen. "Hi, this is Marlou. My best friend from back home" the blonde extended her hand for Marlou to shake. "Nice to meet you" Beth smiled. "Likewise" she said.

The brunette was keen to get out of there and go upstairs. Beth had mad her way over to the couch and was watching tv. "Kunnen we naar mijn kamer? (Can we go to my room)" Marlou nodded and followed her.

Both of them sat down on the bed. Marlou was trying to look at her face, but she was only looking down trying to be invisible. "Kan je het me vertellen? Alsjeblieft. (Can you tell me? please." A small nod was given before she started to talk. "Mason and i are together" she slowly started to cry again. "Isn't that supposed to be a good thing?" She asked. "No it's not, i messed up. I messed up so bad Marlou" her friend was holding her tightly.

"Explain?" So she started. "I- Beff she, we were getting along so well. We were close friends reallt close, but i- i have feelings for her, a lot. I can't be around her anymore since i said yes to hime. We drifted apart and it's killing me"

"Then say no to him" she told her. "It's not that simple" she was frustrated. "But it is. If you know you don't want hime Daan but someone else." She realized something then and there. "I do want her"