Chapter 25

!!warning!!
A breakthrough will happen...

Today was the day she would go back home. When she had told Kim she knew that secretly she was relieved Daan would be going, she even helped her pack. Like that didn't make it obvious.

She woke up early that morning to go and do some cardio at the club. Joe joined in halfway trough. "I need to stay fit too" he told her turning on the treadmill next to her.

"I can tell you're doin a lot better" he said. "I am doing a lot better. I am going home again today" a small smile appeared on her face. "That's good to hear" she nodded.

"So i take it you and Beth are okay now too?" He asked. "We are getting there, definitely." Daan gave him a suspicious look forcing him to explain. "Nothing it's cool. As long as you both can manage to stay professional in matches and training if it
Does progress in the way i think it will" Daan nodded reassuring him.

"Well then i hope you two will work it out, i do want what makes you all happy. When everything was okay between you that was the case so I don't have the right to stop you" Daan gave him a hug. "Now go and enjoy the rest of your day off"

She was in a hurry to get out of there. She stopped to buy Kim and her some brunch. "Danielle you didn't have to do that" kim told her when she saw the bag with food. "Yes i did have to, as a thank you! now sit and eat"

After the brunch it was time for Daan to go. "Kim thank you so much for letting me stay with you! You are amazing and i owe you! If you ever need anything i am a phonecall and 2354 meters away" Her eyes widened. "I looked it up" Kim laughed and shook her head. "I will be okay you idiot, now go home" she was practically pushed out of the door.

Daan drived out of the street honking and waving at her. Within five minutes she was home again. She knocked on the door, for some reason she felt nervous.

"Heyy" she was excitedly welcomed back with a hug by Do. "Welcome back" Daan smiled. Dominique took a bag for her dropping it of in her bedroom. The brunette did the same.

"What do i smell?" She asked Do walking down the stairs. "Beth is making dinner remember, but i think she's just baking something now. A quiche" she hummed opening the door to the living room.

She saw the blonde sitting on the couch. She smiled at her. "Hi" she stood up and gave Daan a hug before she returned to the kitchen to prepare dinner and take the pie out of the oven.

"Can i talk to you?" Do motioned for her to sit down on the couch. "I'll be out tonight, brandon is in town so we're having drinks" Daan nodded. " will you be okay if i leave you alone with Beth? If not then i will ask him to come here instead so we can all do something together"

"No i'll be okay. You go out and have fun" she smiled at her national teammate. "I will" Do said. "now stop asking" she softly pushed her making her way to the kitchen to grab a bottle of water.

"It smells delicious in here" she told Beth who was cutting up the vegetables to put in the soup. "Well thank you! Want to taste?" She offered Daan who was afraid of ruining the cake form. "It will be fine i'll cut it in pieces for dinner anyway"

She grabbed a fork stikking it in the cake getting a big bite out of it feeding it to the brunette. "Mm it even taste delicious" she told Beth snatching the fork out of her hand stealing another bite.

Beth took the pie away from her and told her to stop eating or she won't be hungry for dinner. "Right mom" she said walking out of the kitchen sitting down on the couch next to Do.

They watched a few movies together that they wanted to see, but did not have time to do so because of their busy schedule.

Dinner was quickly served and eaten and like Daan had said before it was delicious. Whilst Do was getting ready for a date the other two girls changed into some more comfortable outfits.

"Did you have a good time back home?" She realized she hadn't asked this yet and it would be a good way to start a conversation. Daan nodded with a smile on her face. "The best!"

"What did you do there?" She was truly interested. "Spend a lot of time with my family which was really nice and with my friends to. I went to Amsterdam with Marlou, we met up with some of our other friends and rented a boat till late that night" Beth smiled.

"What were you up too?" She turned her body so she could have a better conversation with het. "Training training training more training, did I mention i had training" Daan laughed shaking her head. "Right okay got it!" She said. "I am happy you got to spend time with your family" Beth told her.

There was a silence formed between them, not an uncomfortable one of any kind though. A pleasant one.

That was until Daan spoke up. "Can i ask you something?" Beth looked at Daan. "Of course" she was nervous to ask her this. "That time when you were so upset what was it about?" She secretly knew.

The blonde made an 'o' face. She figured she might as well be honest. "I figured out i had feelings for you that day, i was just mad that I didn't know what to do with it. you were giving away all kinds of signals as well" it wasn't an easy thing to admit but lying would only worsen the situation between them.

Daan's facial expression changed. "Had?" She mumbled under her breath very softly. The blonde smiled pulling her head up by her chin making The older woman look at her.

"They never left Danielle" she said looking her in the eye. The brunette closed them hoping it would give her some time to think. Beth let her go and leant back a bit.

"Girls i'll be on my way now" do interrupted them. she gave them a suspicious look, they looked weird. Flustered. "Everything okay here?" They both nodded and Do left them alone.

Danielle was at a los for words. She didn't know what to say. She also did not know how to feel, she knew that her feelings were still there, it was just the fact that so much would change between them.

"I'm going to bed" she got up from the coach and looked back at Beth one more time. "Goodnight" she said. "Night" Beth knew not to push her buttons and let her proces this on her own.

I believe this is what all of you have waited 24 chapters for, so there you finally have it! Hope you enjoyed❤️