Chapter 19

For the first time in over a week the brunette felt happy and relieved. She fell asleep with a smile on her face. Glad she talked to Beth, but also just overexcited knowing she was going home, seeing the people she loved the most.

The night went by fast. She woke up from the sunlight shining through the curtains. 'Good morning to me' she thought getting out of her bed.

She went to the bathroom to brush her teeth. Only then she realized she had packed that all up already. She ran downstairs to see kim sitting at the table with Lisa and Viv.

"Owh hi" she said before she made her way upstairs quickly, Viv waved. She took everything out of the bag again finding her toothbrush and toothpaste at the bottom of it.

She got ready in 10 minutes. She broke her own record, something to be proud of. All her clothes were spread around on the floor.

She heard a knock on her door followed by Kim entering. "Hey Daan. Uhm do the girls know you'll leave for a few days?" She was interested and wanted to know what to do incase anyone did ask.

"I haven't actually. I was thinking about texting Joe asking if i could tell you after training" kim nodded. "Maybe i can drive you then and join you all for lunch to talk" she offered. "Yes that's okay, what will you do in between?" Her captain asked. "Don't know go back here"

"Okay, make sure you're back there at 4 then" kim said. "Ayaj captain. Want to head out to dinner then instead of Saturday" she was thinking if she had anything to do tonight, she didn't. "Yeah that would be nice, thank you Daan" The brunette smiled.

"Is it okay if i'd drop you of at the airport after?" She nodded. "That's fine" kim left the room and Daan continued packing up her bag once more. Why was she so chaotic was a question she asked herself many times.

With that said she shouldn't forget to call Joe. She would do it after breakfast. She went downstairs to see that Viv and Lisa were still there.

"Hello again" Lisa giggled at Daan's uncomfortable smile, she must have looked like an idiot running up those stairs. "Hoe is het nu met jou? )how are you doing?" Viv asked her with genuine concern. "Better" Lisa smiled.

"Will you go and train today" kim was away to the kitchen grabbing the both of them another cup of coffee. "No, joe doesn't want me to yet. I think I might stop after to talk" her Dutch teammate gave her a questioning look that she ignored.

"Jammer (to bad)" Daan smiled whilst vivianne was giving her girlfriend hearts eyes. "Well done babe" she grabbed ahold of her hand. The brunette made a fake gag noise. The striker flashed her tongue causing both of them to laugh. "Children!" Kim called out walking back in the living room.

"I'm going to make myself breakfast" she left and walked in the kitchen. There wasn't any bread left, she ate it all. Now she was feeling guilty about it. She better go by the shops before she heads up the ground.

She had almost eaten everything, the only thing that was left were two eggs. She found a left over paprika mixing it to make an omelet. It should be enough for the next two to three hours.

While Daan was eating her breakfast Kim was getting ready for training. Viv and Lisa sticked around and offered to take Kim so she wouldn't wast patrol. It could give her some time do clean and restock all of the stuff.

Kim came down and the girls all left in a hurry, they were running late. Daan laughed at them forgetting the time. "Shit!" She forgot to call Joe.

She quickly dialed his number hoping he would pick up. "Danielle?" He wasn't sure who was calling. "Hi yess. I wanted to ask you something" she said. "Go on then" she wasn't sure how to. "I was wondering if uh i could uh after training round 4 when you are done if i can talk to the girls, tell them I won't be there with them and why. They deserve to know"

She heard Joe hum. "Yes of course. I am happy you want to be honest with them. You are right you do owe them an explanation." She nodded but he couldn't see that. "Of course"

" I don't mean to interfere but i think it might also be good if you talk to some people privately" she giggled, she had a feeling who he was talking about. "If you mean Beth, I already did. We talked yesterday it wasn't easy but we will make sure we get back to what it used to be. For the sake of us and for the team" it was how she truly felt.

"Yes, i am proud of you. I will see you later today then!" He told her. "Goodbye" she said. "Goodbye Danielle" she hung up the phone putting it back on the table.

She made her way upstairs to get ready. She was going to do groceries first and the head off to the ground.

For some reason she was nervous, what if the girls wouldn't accept it, saying she was overreacting. Those girls were her second family, her home when she wasn't. It would break her if they didn't understand. She reluctantly got in the car driving of.