3. Transparent

"This isn't the way to Ophelia.''

I gazed around at the tall buildings around us. Dozens upon dozens of multiplexes seem to have sprung up all along the street. Realizing that Aahan was right, I asked. ''Are we still in Fuegos?''

Aris sighed. ''Yes. I'm not allowing any of my friends to g to the royal palace looking like-'' his eyes Aahan and Nia via the mirror as he completed, ''-this.''

Aahan rolled his eyes.

True to his words, however, a while later, we pulled up in fort of a huge building that looked like it consist entirely of clothing apparel. On the signboard, it read, 'Madam Flamboyant's' in a cursive font.

''Why are we here?'' Nia asked as we stepped out, and I gazed at the many plastic mannequins with several truly flamboyant clothes on them set up in the store display.

One of the mannequins had blue skin, pointed ears, and long hair, and I wondered if it was supposed to represent an elf. Others had everything from relatively simpler clothes to really obnoxious ones. I saw a mannequin wearing what looked like an umbrella for a skirt. Another had wrapped a furry bedsheet all around him.

Aris led us into the store, and all at once, it was clear that he had been there multiple times before. 

One of the store staff in multicoloured, bright short hair and red-rimmed spectacles walked over to us, wearing a golden jumpsuit that seemed to be screaming at me. ''Master Greenwood!'' He smiled. ''What a surprise!''

Aris grinned at him. ''Heya Rob. These are my friends and-'' he gestured at me. ''We have quite an important event today, so it's up to you to dress everyone up for the occasion.''

''Do we get a say in this?'' Aahan whispered to me.

Before I could answer, however, the man called Rob clapped his hand gleefully. "Certainly kind sirs and ma'am! Come along! We have the very best!''

Aris started following the man as he led us through the sleek store and up a flight of staircase. I exchanged glances with Nia and Aahan, both of whom shrugged.

We followed Aris and Rob through the store, and my eyes wandered all around it. Even though it was still morning, there were many customers in the store. Long, white counters stood on either side of the stores, the walls behind them stacked with rows and rows of every imaginable colour.

As we stepped onto the first landing, I noticed that it was almost the same as the one below. The only difference being that this floor was virtually empty except a few store officials. ''If you wait here-'' Rob said. ''I shall bring you all something that will change your entire-'' he snapped his fingers, startling me, ''-look.''

He smiled and sauntered away as Aris turned to us, beaming.

''I think what I'm wearing is perfectly fine, Aureus.'' Aahan said. ''I do not remember agreeing to this.''

Before Aris could argue, however, Rob returned with a pile of clothes. ''Here's something all of you can try-''

Aris picked up the first outfit and stared at it. An animal printed jumpsuit. ''You'll look suave in this Hunt.''

''Er...it's nice,'' I replied, unsure whether it was a joke or not.

Aris grinned. ''What about you, Aahan? How about this sweet powder blue suit? It'll look great on you.''

Aahan seemed to be on the verge of rolling his eyes, but instead tilted his head to a side, a small smile on his lips. ''You know what, you might be right.''

After about half an hour of going through hundreds of clothes in the store, two things happened. I became sure that Aureus Greenwood had infinite energy, and that the options at that store would never end.