26. Reject

"Get your ass here Rana!"

Aris yelled as Aahan ran towards us. Aahan panted hard, handing him his bagpack wordlessly as Aris threw it into the boot of the car. "You all are so fucking slow."

Nia rolled her eyes as she opened the car door and slid into it silently. Aris looked at me supiciously. "Why the fuck do you look so happy?"

I started. "Why not?"

Aris narrowed his eyes as I quickly averted mine. "Did you get laid or something?"

I felt heat rise to my face and ignored his question, getting into the car instead.

He slid into the driver's sea beside me, not looking at me as he revved the engine. I felt a twinge of guilt in my heart as I gave him a sidelong glance. His face was mercifully impassive. I was hoping that during the Zenithium, he wouldn't lash out at me. His jaw clenched and his eyes gazing straight at the road as we started moving. I had thought that I had fucked things up between us, but so far, whatever be his reason. he was handling everything well. I felt like I was cheating on Crystal. Cheating on him. Cheating on my own confusing feelings.

It had been amazing with Crystal. I cared for Aris, But I couldn't return his feelings.

I rolled the windows down and leaned outside, closing my eyes as I felt the cold breeze blowing on my face. I couldn't stop the smile on my face as memories of last night came flooding back to me. I imagined Crystal's naked body writhing with mine, her little gasps and moans, the way she had reacted to my touch, the way she had felt, the way her mouth travelled all long my body, setting me nerves on fire.

I felt hot around my neck.

"Yo, loverboy," Aris said and I was brought out of my reverie and gazed at him. "Don't hang your head out like a dog."

I rolled my eyes and muttered. "Okay, mom."

It was late afternoon Saturday by the time we finally left. When we drove into the town of Terramour, where Zenithium was to be held, it was already dusk.

"We park here," Aris said as he pulled into a massive parking lot which was already filled with rows and rows of vehicles.

"I cant see the festival," Aahan said, echoing my thoughts.

"It's about a mile from here. We walk," Aris said as he opened te door and slid out of it.

We all followed suit and I found ourselves standing in a dusty parking yard.

W started walking along the road, Aris leading us for a while as Aahan and Nia engaged deep in conversation. I walked silently for a while before I noticed that Aris seemed to have fallen back.
I stopped and turned around and found him walking ridiculously slowly. Strolling with his hands in the pockets of his white hoodie.

I waited for him to catch up. "Mind speeding up?"

"Why?" Aris asked, cocking an eyebrow. "You in a hurry?"

"No," I said. "But I plan to reach today itself."

Aris shrugged. "Go ahead. I'm not asking you to walk with me."

I sighed and fell into step beside him.

"You did didn't you?" Aris asked after a while. His voice sounded broken. Aggrieved. It pained me.

I wasn't sure what he meant and looked at him curiously before asking. "Did what?"

"Fuck her," he said. I flinched at the way the words sounded from his mouth. "Why won't you tell us about her?"

I didn't answer him and clenched my jaw defiantly. I gazed straight ahead. I felt guilty for our kiss. I was the one who had led him on. I wanted to let him down easy, but his aggressive demeanour was pissing me off. "Don't talk about her like that. I don't like it."

He scoffed. "Oh apologies. I meant made love," his voice dripped with mirth.

"I'm not obliged to answer you," I snapped.