25. First

A/N: WELL...THINGS ARE HEATING UP. So consider this a warning XD

With my training session at a standstill, I found myself with a lot of free time in my hands.

Somewhere in the back of my brain, I could entertain the possibility that maybe I would be sent back to the Mortal world, but the moment I thought about it, it seemed to crush my soul and I was forced to tear my thoughts away from it.

I started frequenting Crystal much more often. My time was easier to manage so I was able to balance my academics and visiting Neronz with relative ease. Back at school however, I started noticing that Nia seemed to be acting strangely different. I wanted to ask her but decided it would be too pushy.

Aris had regained his normal demeanor and I soon learnt that Aahan had decided to grant him his scholarship money. I was relieved that at least it meant that no matter what his dad did, he would be able to remain at Asteria. The only thing that bothered me, was that I might not.

With each day that Azure didn't call for me, I became more sure that he had given up on me. That he was arranging for a Znicit. Even though I had been scared of my powers, I knew they were a part of me and thinking about being ripped off them, made me feel hollow. My last Znicit had been unsuccessful and excruciating, and I was not looking forward to another experience.

One day when I reached Neronz, I met Crystal in the market in the main square with a handful of supplies. She smiled when she saw me and inspite of my dire situation, my heart leaped.

"I have something for you to see," she said, smiling as she led me upstairs. She gripped my hand firmly as we walked into the living room and I gazed around in wonder.

"You renovated."

She shook her head, beaming. "Just bought some new stuff."

I gazed around at the brand new, light brown curtains. She had got a few new vases that were seated on top of a new mahogany cabinet. She had even bought a new glass table that had replaced the earlier one on front of the couch. There was a new, tall lampshade near the bed.

"I know it doesn't go too well with the current apartment but," she walked over to me, "It'll look great in the new one."

I smiled at her softly, pulling her in close. "You're amazing," I kissed her forehead. "I'm so proud of you."

"Because I totally broke into my savings and splurged everything?" she teased.

My eyes widened. "You're out of savings?"

She shook her head and laughed her twinkling laughter that set my heart aflame. "No, I was kidding."

I wanted to offer her financial help. I knew what it was like to worry about your next meal. But I didn't want to hurt her pride.

That evening, we sat on the couch as we watched a movie. A part of me was debating with the fact of whether I should tell her about the kiss I had shared with Aris. But somehow, I didn't want to. It hadn't meant anything more than a kiss to me. It was just in the moment. And I didn't want her to think it was more than that.

I gazed sideways at her.

Dusk had fallen and the pale, yellow glow of the sun was the only think lighting the apartment. Her face was alight from the light of the television screen.

I gazed at her wavy, soft hair. Her beautiful, hazel eyes. Her full lips and desire started pulling ta my insides. I placed my hand on her knee as she looked at me. I leaned forward and kissed her softly, whispering against her mouth. "Cris, I want to try again," I leaned back as she gazed at me, her eyes glittering from the last few rays of the sun as she nodded silently. "But I should warn you," I said, my heart suddenly thumping erratically. "I know almost nothing. Except you know...where it's all supposed to go."

She smiled her maddening, mischievous smile.

"It's okay Zeke," she said, her dark lashed casting shadows on her skin. I gazed at her, my heart clenching in pain. A pleasant, yearning pain. "I'll teach you," she said softly, moving closer to me.

 My breath caught in my throat as I felt her body heat radiating seductively off her. Her scent making me feel light headed. She moved closer to me, straddling me as she settled on my lap. She was light, comforting. Instinctively I pulled her closer, mesmerized by her enigmatic eyes. I nodded softly, almost inconspicuously.

"Promise me that you'll ask me to stop if it gets too overwhelming," she said, kissing the tip of my nose tenderly. I loved how gentle she was with me, and I wanted to be vulnerable with her.

"Mhm," I said, parting my mouth slightly as I gazed at hers. She leaned backwards as I supported her lower back with my arms and tugged off her dress, leaving her in lacy back lingerie that made me harden instantly. My eyes travelled all along her face, down to her lips, her collar bone, her ample breasts and lower. I suddenly felt like I needed more air. Her sexy body was making me drunken. She leaned forward, whispering in my ear as she placed a hand on my chest.

"I'll teach you everything Ezekiel," she said, nibbling my earlobes as I gasped. Her hand slowly travelled lower and lower, lifting the edge of my tshirt and sliding inside it. The feeling of her warm hand on my feverish skin made me growl softly with need. "How am I supposed to be patient if you make noises like that?" she whispered, trailing kissing along my jaw and to my neck.

She sucked on my skin wetly, sending my heart into overdrive as my body heated up with lust. She tugged my tshirt off me and discarded it to the floor, leaving me topless. She moved closer to me so she straddled me right where I was craving her touch. Her hands moved lower between my legs, stroking softly as I let out a low moan. Her eyes flitted to mine, a pink flush on her face, her lips parted open. Her eyes burning. "Is this okay?" she whispered.