37. Temptations

As a wannabe writer, we sometimes run out of motivation

As a wannabe writer, we sometimes run out of motivation. It is then that readers keep us going. Thank you for all the motivation for this series which I honestly never thought would reach this chapter. One of my most favourite ones in the entire series. Thank you hfvghjggtjgj and ACalcifiedHeart .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aris had thought that he was ready to face it.

But as he stood in his formals in his room a week after the Zenithium, he wasn't sure. He had reluctantly dragged himself to the wedding event that weekend, and now that it was so close, it felt like a walking nightmare.

Everything had happened so quickly. His heart had been ripped apart and mended together multiple times. He sighed, raking a hand through his hair. It was hard to believe that the day was finally here and his father was marrying a stranger. Although, he knew it hardly made a difference to him. He was never around anyway.

He couldn't believe he had been so stupid as to believe that everything would eventually fall into place. That he would eventually have his own happy family.

He stared at his reflection, hating the similarity he had with his mother. The golden hair. The striking eyes. Even his lips and nose were so similar to the woman who had ripped his life apart.
But then of course, his father was equally, if not more, responsible.

The only thing that tied his parents together was their mutual indifference for their son.

There was a gentle knock on the door and he called out. "Who is it?"

"It's us!" Nia's voice called.

Aris stood up and walked over to the door. His heart seemed to fail when he saw Zeke, wearing a tuxedo,like on his birthday. Except his shirt underneath was white. "Hey. Glad you guys found this place."

Aahan nodded. "Yes. It was real difficult to spot the one mile long hot air balloon with 'Chastity Weds Victor'," he shook his head as Aris chuckled in embarrassment. "Cringe fest."

Nia smiled warmly at him. She wore a long blue flowy dress. "You look great Aris," she leaned forward and kissed his cheek. "How are you holding up?"

Aris sighed, trying to calm his racing heart when Zeke smiled softly at him.

"I...just want this to be over."

Aahan nodded. He was wearing a navy tux with blue shirt underneath and crossed his arms in front of his chest. "Can't believe the first time we meet your dad is like this."

Aris laughed humourlessly. "I'm not going to let you guys meet him. He'll probably just insult you."

Aahan shrugged. "I can take it."