Chapter 5: The talk show

"I'm worried about Kei" Naomi said once they sat down.

"Hm?" Both Rumi and Fuyumi hummed in question.

"Well, I think- no, I know that the event of last week really affected him emotionally. He's got some trauma, and I'm trying to help him. I asked him if he wanted to go with me to my therapy session. He said that if he had another 'episode' he'd go, but I'm not so sure if he's gonna go through with it" Naomi sighed.

"I know Keigo, if there's something wrong with him, he'll acknowledge the fact and try to figure it out on his own. When that doesn't work, then he asks for help. Give him some time" Rumi intertwined her fingers with her wife.

"But it'll be easier if-"

"Nao-chan, you can't force him to go if he doesn't want to" Fuyumi paused "I know you're worried, believe me, I am too. And I a hundred percent think he should go with you. But Rumi's right, give him some time. He'll do the right thing"

"...Fi-"

Naomi was interrupted when suddenly the lights of the stage turned on. A 'woman' sat in one of the chairs in the stage. 'She' seemed to be in her early 20's. With black short hair and amber like eyes. Hanako.

"Hello everyone and welcome too-! Hanako's talk show!"

Claps and cheering echoed from the live audience.

"As most of you know, today we have a very special guest! Our no.2 Pro-Hero! He'll be answering a set of questions we have set up. We'll also pick a few members of the audience if they have any questions of their own. With everything going on, I'm sure you're all just dying to get answers! So without further ado! No.2 Pro-Hero Hawks!"

Once Hawks stepped out from backstage and into the stage the crowd went quiet, save for a few awkward claps here and there. Though that didn't make Hawks falter. He grinned and waved.

"Hey"

As if a switch had been turned on, everyone started clapping and cheering.

"Welcome Hawks! We're all very excited to have you here, come take a sit" Hanako gestured to the chair besides her.

"Thank you lady"

"Not lady, or gentleman for that matter. I go by they/them pronouns. I'd really appreciate it if you don't make that mistake again"

Oh. It's them. "Ah! My bad!"

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Laughter echoed in the audience.

"Oh Hawks! You're just a treat, aren't ya?" Hanako narrowed their eyes playfully.

Keigo laughed "Aw stop, you're making me blush" he joked.

Hanako chuckled once more before crossing their legs and propping up an elbow against the arm of the chair.
"So...Hawks, let's stop beating around the bush. We're here for an interview, are we not?"

"Yes, indeed" Keigo gulped, though no one seemed to notice.

"Then let's get started, shall we?" Hanako unlocked their tablet "Like I said, we have prepared a set of questions for you that we're sure the public is just dying to know" they laughed "Let's get down to business" they paused as they scanned the questions "First question. Hawks, how have you been?" They put on a fake smile.

Starting off easy. Just like Watanabe said.

"I've been good" Hawks nodded to himself "Things have been a little difficult the past few days. A little bit of stress here and there, but I'm holding up just fine" he gave a very convincing smile to the public.