Chapter 19: A healing quirk

Shoto reluctantly woke up and picked up his phone. It had been ringing nonstop for approximately five or seven minutes. He answered it, not bothering to look at the contact. "Hello..?" Came out his hoarse and tired voice.

"Todoroki, did I wake you?"

Shoto rubbed at his eyes and glanced at the contact. Why the hell was Takami— or well Keigo calling at...one in the morning? Huh, Shoto thought it was much later than that.

"No it's.." He trails off, looking back to the alpha sleeping soundly besides him. "It's fine, what did you want?"

"I'm at the hospital and—"

Shoto's eyes widened as an idea popped into his mind. "Are you in labor?" He asked, with a tone of surprise and disbelief. Is it really time? Had it really been that long? Is he going to be an uncle

Takami chuckled from the other line. "No Sho— Todoroki, I'm not in labor, I'm due in three months"

"Oh" Shoto sighed and rubbed at his temples. "You can call me Shoto if you want" He later added. "You are marrying my brother"

"Right of course—Wait how do you—"

"Fuyumi might've let it slip" He paused. "Don't worry, our parents don't know about it yet. You can announce it whenever you'd like"

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ───────  · ·

Keigo glanced at Fuyumi. He's not surprised she caved and shared the news with her younger brother. She had to deal with hiding the fact that her brother, Touya, was alive from her family for months. Not only that, but she also had to keep Keigo's secrets. The pressure must've been overwhelming to say the least.

So in conclusion, he could let this slip up pass.

"Right" He cleared his throat. "Anyways Shoto, I need a favor"

"What is it?"

"Do you have any way of gettin in contact with your old school nurse?"

"Recovery girl?"

"Yes, it's a long story, but in summary there was an accident, a child is in critical condition, and apparently there are no available healing quirk doctors" Keigo paused when a familiar face rounded the corner. Rumi. Naomi immediately stood up and went to embrace her wife. "Anyways I tried contacting a few doctors I knew but none of them answered" He's willing to bet his entire fortune that the President had something to do with that. "Shoto, Recovery Girl is our last chance to save a kid's life"

"Say no more" Some shuffling was heard from the other line. "I'll try to get in contact with her as soon as possible, and when I have any news I'll get back to you"

"Thank you Shoto, I appreciate it" He hung up, and stood up to greet the alpha. "Rumi, hi" They hugged.

"Hey" The alpha glanced at Lyn. "How's she holding up?"

"Her pup's dying, what do you think?"

Rumi's eyes slightly widened at Keigo's tone.

The latter sighed and apologized. "It's just— this whole situation's got me all riled up" He grabbed her arm. "Can we talk in private?"