Chapter 9: Family Part 2

"Enji?" Rei knocked on the door to the hero's bedroom.

"Rei? What's the matter?" Enji put down a stack of paper on his desk. "Aren't you supposed to be with Shoto and his..partner"

"I had to cancel plans with Sho and Yoarashi. Takami called, he needs to talk to us, said it's urgent"

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Enji thought it was strange for Hawks to suddenly want to meet up with both him and Rei. If it was just Enji, he would've assumed it was work related, so what reason could he have to call onto both Todorokis?

The trip to Hawks' agency took about fifteen minutes, and as soon as they got off the black limousine Rei spoke.

"What do you think he wants to talk about" She asked the question that had been plaguing Enji's mind the whole ride there.

"For once, I'm not sure"

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Keigo was...nervous to say the least. It's not everyday you have to confess to a pro hero and his wife that their long lost son, who was thought to have died in a fire, is alive, used to be a villain, and is now living with Keigo- has been for a long while- not to mention that they're mated and are about to have a baby. No pressure.

The door to his office opened and Watanabe peeked her head in "The Todorokis are here" she announced.

"Oh, tell them to come in" Keigo said. This is it.

Watanabe left, and soon Enji and Rei entered the room. "Takami, it's nice to see you" Rei spoke.

"Y-You too, why don't you have a seat? Both of you" Shit, he already stuttered.

They didn't hesitate and walked up to the two chairs in front of Keigo's desk and sat down. "I'm assuming what you have to tell us is not work related?" Endeavor asked.

"You're right, it's not" Keigo suddenly didn't know what else to say. The silence was stretching and he didn't know what to say. What should he say? How should he even start? Damn it. He should've thought out something before even calling them.

"Takami? Are you alright?" Rei asked in that sweet motherly tone.

"I'm- I need to tell you something sensitive. It's about your son" he took a deep breath "Touya Todoroki"

"Touya..? What..what is there to say?" Rei asked.

What is there to say about her dead son? There's not been a day she doesn't think of her eldest son and his tragic end. She wishes things would've turned out differently. She wishes for a second chance. She can't help but imagine a universe where her son is still alive, a universe where he forgave her. But that's not possible because he's dead.

"He's alive"

Now, that was unexpected. For both Todorokis.

Rei's eyes widened as the words resonated in her mind. After all this time, her son, Touya...was alive? She honestly didn't know how to feel. She feels happy and relieved, but the guilt is eating her up inside. If her son really is alive, would he even want to see her? After she shunned him because of his appearance? Because he couldn't help looking like Enji? Something he had no control of. After she was a terrible mother.