𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 25

***I feel like this song perfectly goes with this entire chapter

***I feel like this song perfectly goes with this entire chapter. PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE!!!***

 It's been a week since our first therapy session Toni and I have been talking quite a bit more which really has been nice. During her most recent doctor visit, she had another test done to determine if our daughter could have the same condition as I do which I'm nervous about.

Working on the letter Shay wanted us to write to each other was super hard. I feel like we've already made some good progress with each other and I don't want this to take us ten steps back. I had to deposit money in the bank from the clubs so I met Toni at Shay's office. I was running a few minutes behind because of a car accident on the way there but I was relieved when I made it to the office ten minutes later.

I got out of the car and quickly walked inside. Shay's receptionist let me through and I made my way to her office I knocked on the door and waited a few seconds for Shay to open it. "I'm so sorry I'm late, there was an accident on the way here and I got caught in traffic." Toni and Shay both told me not to worry about it as long as I got here safe.

"So how have things been since our last session?" Shay asked. "I think they've been good, we've actually been talking a lot more. We went to lunch after our last session and that was nice." I replied and Toni nodded "I agree, things have been good obviously nowhere near as good as we once were but I can definitely see the progress we're making and that's all I could ask for." Toni added.

We spent some more time talking as our time was near ending I was getting more nervous about reading the letter. "I know we haven't addressed the letters yet and that's for good reason. I want you guys to spend the entire weekend together either at one of your places, go to a hotel or something. I want you guys to just focus on each other this weekend no distractions. And at some point this weekend I want you guys to read the letters to each other. After you've done that I want you to burn them. And then talk about what you got from each letter. Do you think you could do that?"

Toni and I both nodded. We wouldn't have another session for another two weeks so it would be interesting to see how things would pan out in that span of time.

Once we left the office Toni and I stopped at her car to talk "how about we get out of here for the weekend? We can go up to the cabin we could bring the dogs with us or I could ask Veronica or Jug to watch them?" Last year my parents bought a big beautiful cabin in the mountains about a two-hour drive away and I thought it would be the perfect place where we could go.