The tuth about myself

I woke up but couldn't seem to get out of bed. But I had to go meet the principle. Probably wants to talk about him. 

I got dressed and left the house with no one to see me go. 

Once I get to school I knock on the door "Come in" he said and I walk in to see Mrs. Andrews and Victor. Oh great. 

"Have a seat Cassie" he said and I sat down in the chair in front of his desk. 

"I'm guess you already know why you are he" he said and I nod not wanted to say anything. 

"We just want to let you know if he does come back you need to tell us" Mrs. Andrews said siting in the other chair next to me. 

"Do you have any questions about yourself?" she asked. 

"Keeper? Keeper of what?" I asked. 

"it was said that your ancestor's created the Frobisher-Smith's house, and that you will be able to destroy the house or keep it steady. And you and the chosen one are meant to work together, but sense Joy is not he-" Victor said but I cut him off. 

"Are you going to make me disappear too then?" I asked. 

"No" Mr. Sweet said.

"We understand this is a lot to take in" she said.

"I don't think you do" I said looking at the three of them. 

"You can take the day off of school" Mr. Sweet said. 

"Ok, but that doesn't change anything" I said and got up off the chair.

"Thank you for trying to keep that from me but now that I know, I want answers and he has them" I said ad walked out of his office and I heard them call me name but I ignore them.  

I walk back to the house to see the others around me "How did it go?" Nina asked. 

"Sorry guys, but I need to be alone, I don't really turst anyone anymore" I said and walked upstairs back to my room. 

A few mintues go by and Jereome comes into my room "Hey are you ok?" he asked walking up to me. 

"I am not going to school for awhile... I just found something out about my family and I really don't know how to deal with it, the teacher's said I can take some time off" I said and he gives me a kiss. 

"I hope you feel better, if you need me I am here" he said.

"I love you for that" I said.

"I will bring you some school work then I can help you with them" he said.

I signed "Your the best boyfriend I ever" I said and we kissed again and Trudy walks in. 

"What's going on in here? You should be eating breakfast. Cassie your not changed into uniform, are you alright love?" she asked concerned. 

"I just don't feel good" I said.

"Oh no, You will have to stay home and rest, I will come back with some soft food for you to eat" she said giving me a smile then leaving my room. 

"Trudy has a soft spot for us" Jerome said and I nod. 

"Yeah she does" I said.

"Look I got to get going, I will call you at lunch" he said.

"Ok have fun at school" I said.

"Not without you" he said and we kissed bye and he left. 

Time goes by and I haven't left my bed. Trudy comes in every few hours to check on me. She gave me food and medicine that I didn't take just threw out. 

Last night keeps coming in my mind making my freeze with mixed emotions also what the teachers said about me as the keeper this morning. 

Jerome called at lunch and it was nice to hear his voice. Then after school he helps me with my homework and it's nice to spend more time with him now that I am taking a break from Sibuna for the moment. 

3 days go by and it's the same routine. I haven't gone to school and today is the dad were I call my parents and confront them. 

It has to be done. I dialed my dad's phone and he answers "Hey Cassie's how is school going?" he asked. 

"Put mom on speaker and go to a room where Morgan and Blake aren't listening" I said almost starting to cry. 

A few mintues later mom's voice speaks up "Sweeite is everything ok?" she asked over speaker. 

I don't know how to smooth talk about this so  I just said it "Is dad my real dad?" I asked.

They didn't say anything which made me worried "I he?" I asked starting to cry over the phone. 

"No" they both said and I felt like they stabbed me in the heart and it broke into a million pieces that keep ripping into more million pieces. 

"How did you find out?" dad or at least thought was my dad asked. 

"he found me, told me everything" I said not telling them the full truth. 

"What is his name?" mom asked to confirm it is him. 

"Rufus Zeno" I said.

Mom's pov________________

Both mine and Tom's eyes widen when she said that name. 

"Honey, it doesn't matter, your dad is still your dad, not Rufus" I said. 

"I got to go" she said and hung up the phone.

"We can't pull her out of the school, she is having so much fun their" I said.

"Rufus is suppose to be dead" Tom said.

"We just have to hope Victor and the other teachers will take care of her, she is almost done the year" I said.

"Your right" Tom said and we hugged. One thing was on my mind hoping Cassie will be ok and I know it was on Tom's mind too. Morgan and Blake are Tom's kids, she must be so hurt right now. 

If I ever see Rufus I am going to kill him. 

Cassie's pov______________

I heard a knock on the door and Nina walks in with one of the puzzle pieces in her hand. 

"We found the last piece, we all decided to each keep one until the chosen hour" Nina said.

She passed it to me and I took it and put it in my dresses under some clothes to hide it. 

"We miss you" she said trying to make a conversation and not make this akward. 

"I miss you too, You all gave me the space I need and now I am ready to get back into it" I smiled and so did Nina. 

Then a knock on my door and Jerome walks in "I have brought us dinner" he said and Nina left. 

"You got takeout.. That is so sweet of you" I kissed his cheeck and he got out the plates and food. 

"I fuigured we could celerbrate you coming to back to school tomrrow" he said and we ppur the food onto the plates. 

"You so sweet" I said.

"Guess what, Mick is back, he finsiehd his pogram" Jerome said.

"Wow, did he get a shcolorship?" I asked. 

"I don't know, he won;t say anything" he said.

"I'm syre he will get one" I said and we started talking until it was time for bed. 

"Until the morning" he said and we kissed for a few seconds and he left my room. 

Nina, Amber, and Patricia walk into my room "Hey what is going on?" I whispeared beucase it was late and I didn't want to wake anyone.

"look, the end of the year school dance is in a month, which means the chosen hour is in a month, we can't afford to lose these" Nina said and I nod. 

"I know, I won't let it out of my sight" I said.

"Good, we all need to get careful now that they know" Nina said and we all nod and then they leave and I go back to sleep.