Rufus stikes again

Cassie's pov________________

I realize that Jerome dumped me for Mara because they spend a lot of time together. Poppy seems to like Mara more so I don't care anymore. So now Jacob and I are dating. 

And someone in the school has been writing articles and calling themselves jack jackal. Whoever that may be is really good. But whoever it was wrote a piece about Nina skipping school while her grandma is in the hospital and it was horrible. Later found out it was Joy who  did that.

Sibuna found a secret passage to the tunnels in the museum so we can use that whenever.

It's nice to have a guy who really gets me like Jerome did. 

I just hope Rufus doesn't take it away from me.

"Hello Cassie?" Jacob called out snapping me from my thoughts. 

"Sorry what?" I asked. 

"Class is over" he said and we both walk out of class. 

"Sorry, I didn't get much sleep last night" I said lying. 

"I know, you do that a lot" he said. 

"I'm sorry, it's the amount of homework I get and the stress is getting to me" I said giving him a more big lie. 

"It's ok, I know what the stress is like, I can help you with the work if you want?" he asked. 

"Yes that would be helpful" I said and we spent lunch doing homework together. 

When school finished Fabian dragged me to his room. 

"I have been researching the last task, I have it figured out" he said. 

"Patricia still can't speak and Amber has been locked in her room all day and Nina spends all her time at the hospital" I said.

"Your right.. This could give me more time to look things over" he said.

"You have one more day, we go tomorrow when everyone is asleep" I said and he nods. 

Jerome's pov________________

Later that night I was up trying to figure out what to say to my dad's hearing in a few days. Mara agreed to come with Poppy and I. She is the best. 

I walk into the kitchen and take out some food. 

"Hello Jerome" I head a voice and I turn to se Rufus.

I froze "Rufus" was all I could say. 

"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me" he smirked. 

"What do you want?" I asked. 

"It's time to go" he grab my arm and we started to walk out the back door when Eddie walks in. Shoot what am I going to say. 

"Uh hi.. Is everything ok here?" Eddie asked.

Uh................

"Yes, hello I am Rene Zeldman, Jerome's uncle.. I was just taking him out of school for a funeral, his aunt passed away" Rufus said shaking Eddie's hand. 

"Aw, I'm sorry man" Eddie said to me and I give him a sad smile to play along with Rufus. 

"Should we get Poppy too?" Rufus asked and my eyes widen.

"No, not Poppy" I said shaking my head worried.

"Your right, she might to be young to go" Rufus said.

Eddie nods awkwardly. 

"We better get going, it's a long drive" Rufus said and he dragged me out through the back door when Eddie left.