Beginging the race to the mask

Cassie's pov_____________

I woke up and got dressed to see Mara on her labtop "Whatca doing?" I asked. 

"Just some research on Vera, something is not right about her" she said.

"In what way?" I asked cerious. 

"Last night she thretened me becuase I was going through her stuff" she said and my eyes widen.

"Should you not be going though her stuff?" I asked confused. 

"She isn't as nice as you think she is" Mara said going back to her research. 

"Have fun then" I said and I walked into Amber and Nina's room. 

"How how are your eyes?" I asked. 

"Better, I can see now" Amber said.

"Good. so let's come back at lunch?" I asked.

They both nod "Yeah we need to hurry" Nina said.

We went downstairs to eat then we left for school. Jerome already left so I walked with Jacob. 

"So anything new with you?" I asked. 

"Yeah, just don't say anything but Joy and I are dating" he said and my face lit up. 

"Really? When did that happen?" I asked. 

"A little after our frist week here" he said and I nod.

"Your telling me this now?" I asked as we reached the school. 

"Yeah sorry, it's just we haven't had the time to talk properly" he said and we walk into class. 

I guess your right" I said sitting down next to Jerome. 

2 classes went by and it was finally lunch time. Amber, Nina, Fabian and I went back to the house and we to the basement. 

"Alright, here everyone take one" Fabain hands up one of the amulets.

"So do you know how to do this?" I asked. 

"I was asking my godfather Jasper about the amutlets and you were right, and I have a possible right code we can try" Fabian said.

We put the amulets on and walk into the secret passage way. A beam of light started to make our ways up or bodies but stoped when it touched the center of the amulets. 

"Told you these will come in handy" I said and we walked further down and stopped when we hit the first game. 

"Ok, I will go first but you have to copy every move I make" he said and the rest of us nod. 

He starts to move and soon he was done and nothing happened. 

"It works" Nina smiled. 

"Great work" I said. 

"Nina, your turn" he said and Nina copied his steps.

After Nina went I went then Amber. 

"Great work everyone, let's keep going" Nina said and we walk further down the dark hallway until we reach the next game. There was a tall log and the floor went on hafl way. 

"It looks like we need to use the log to cross" I said.

Fabian and Nina tired to lift it but they couldn't. Amber and I tired to help but it was too heavy for us 4 to carry. 

"Ok, I think it's time we get Sibuna back together" I said.

"I agree" Amber said cherring up.

"No, I don't want anyone else to die, Cassie and I are already infected, I don't want anyone else" Nina said agruing with us.