Working together

Cassie's pov_________________

The sun hit and it was morning. I got dressed and walked into Nina and Amber's room. Amber wasn't there. 

"Nina I need to talk to you" I siad worried. 

"Not now and we agreed you wouldn't get invovled" Nina said gathering her stuff. 

"Ok too late" I said and she turns to me and I roll up my sleeve to see the curse on me. 

"How?" she asked shocked and a bit mad.

"Last night, she got me for a reason, we need to go work together on this, or we both die" I said.

"Ok fine, you know that dollhouse up in the attic?" she asked and I nod. 

"It belongs to Sarah, I took it and it has been glowing at night giving me clues, I think Sarah is comunicating through it" she said and my eyes widen.

"That's good, we really need her help, I don't know where to begin" I said and Nina nods and Amber walks in. 

"Alfie got me a present" she smils and goes to her bed and opens it. 

"Aww yay it's cupcakes" she said as her face lit up. 

"Nice" I smiled at her. 

"I honestly think I might give him a chance" she said and walked out of her room eating the cucpcakes. 

"Love is so weird for her" I said and Nina nods. 

"So, what does Sarah want us to do?" I asked as we look at the dollhouse. 

"Sarah please give us something" Nina said and the dollhouse lit up. She opens it and there is a peice of paper and gives it to me while she looks at the part that is glowing.

"It's just a bunch of numbers" I said.

"The glow is in the basement" Nina said.

"Let's go tonight" I said and she nods. We leave her room and go downstairs. 

"Hey babe" Jerome and I kissed. 

"I was thinking we go out tonight on a date" he said.

"Oh.. Tonight doesn't work for me, I am sorry" I said and he puts on a sad face. 

"We can go tomrrow night" I said trying to cheer him up. 

"Yeah" he said and left the room. 

School went by slow and I got tones of homework. 

I quickly finished homework and everyone went to bed. Nina and I went to the basement. 

"Ok so according to Sarah the room is here" Nina said pointing to an shelf. 

"Robert Frobisher-Smith's secret study is a shelf?" I asked laghing.

"Ok haha, it must be a hidden enterence" Nina said looking around. 

I looked at the top and started to move things around and numbers came out. 

Nina gasp "Put the numbers in" she said and I got out the piece of paper and put the combination in and the shelf opened up to his study room. We walk in. 

"Wow" I muttered. 

"Yeah thanks for inviting us guys" Fabian said and he and Amber walk in. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I woke up and Nina was gone, I had a thought" Amber said.

Nina explianed everything to them. 

"Ok, let's look around" Fabian said. 

We look around and then we heard Amber scream and we see she found a hidden thing in the bookshelevs. 

"Amber?" Nina called out. 

"Hello, get my out!" she yelled then gasp and then the next thing we hear is her screaming. 

"Amber what happened?" I yelled. 

"I can't see anything" she yelled. 

Fabain found the button and the bookself fliped back to normal and we got Amber. 

Then a recording was played "You will be staying blind for 24 hours" it said.

"Wait hold on, I am blind for 24 hours? Great just great" she muttered. 

"We will help you throughtout the day" I said. 

"It was a trap, I think we need to wear something to protect us" Amber said and we search around and we found these neckless behind a picture that fell on the ground.

"These look like amulets" Fabian said. 

"I will look them up and see what they are for" he said.

"No need< I know they can do, if what Amber said was true we need to wear these when we go in so we don;t get blind" I said remebering from my reading and research. 

"How did you know that?" Nina asked.

"I'm a keeper, I needed to be prepared" I said.

"Want to go check it out?" Nina asked. 

"Someone needs to stay with Amber, I will stay you two go" I said and they left. 

Amber and I stayed seated on the couch and waited for which seemed like hours but were only mintues. 

"Guy there are these challenges we need to do and the mask is at the end" Nin said.

"What's the first challegne?" I asked. 

Fabian showed me a picture "It looks like hopscotch" Nina said.

"What are we 7 years old again?" Amber asked.

"Do we know the pattern?" I asked. 

"I think I got it but I am not sure" Fabian asked.

"Ok, you have 24 hours until Amber's eyes get better, then we will go, you have some time to figure it out Fabian" I said and we went ack to our rooms and went to sleep. 

I woke up getting dressed and went to Jerome's room to see him and is sister Poppy. 

"Oh hey Poppy" I said with a smile. 

"Hey" she smiled back.

"Poppy out" Jerome said and she left. 

"What was that about?" I asked confused. 

"My sister may only be in 7th grade but she is a great blackmailer" he said.

"Aww that's cute" I said.

"What is?" he asked. 

"Your scared of a seventh grader" I laugh and we both walk out of his room. We quickly took some food and left for school. 

"I am looking forward to tonight" I said as we held hands. 

"Yeah same. I have a great surprise" he said and that got my wonderign what it is. 

"Guys!" Alfie ran up to us "Amber and I are dating! what should I do for our first date" he asked. 

"Well take her out in 2 days and maybe go for a nice dinner" I suggested.

"Thanks Cassie" he said and ran off. 

"He's so Alfie" I said and we both laugh.