Ch 1

She could feel rough planks of wood driving splinters into the soles of her feet. She tried her best to keep from moving in fear that yet another loose splinter of wood be driven into her foot. Oh how she got onto this human auctioning stand is a long story...

"Y/n! They've arrived!"
Her mother gently called from the dining room window.

"Coming!" She yelled in return, giving one last glance at herself in the mirror. She'd received an offer just days ago from the Todoroki's to serve them in aiding them with her blood. She gladly accepted in return for good housing and food.

"Oh baby, im going to miss you," her mother dragged her into a hug and placed a kiss on her forehead. "Write to me? Please?" Y/n nodded.

"Of course! Why wouldn't I? I'm going to miss you too." She gave her mom a smile and a hug before heading out the door. The stagecoach opened the door to the carriage. Once inside she gawked at the fine silk cushions she was sitting on.

"Should I really be in here? Everything is so nice I don't want to ruin it..." she thought to herself.

After a bit of time the carriage came to a very abrupt stop. Y/n was thrown forward. She could hear a scream come from the driver before it was quickly cut off. She froze, holding her breath immediately before opening the door to make a run for it.

"OH! That's a nice looking one! Grab her!" A rough voice called from the carriage. Y/n'd only been running for a moment before someone grabbed her by the waist and pulled her back.

"My, you do look nice...oh a human too..." an older man whispered into her ear. She starting kicking and writhing to break free of his grasp.

"Knock 'er" another voice called and then y/n was conked in the back of the head, out like a light.

Once she awoke she was being pulled up onto a small rickety wood stand, the clothes she'd been wearing replaced with some cheap fabric that smelled horrible. Y/n figured they'd taken her other clothes to hide her status. Her hands had been bound behind her with the roughest ropes she'd probably ever felt. The man holding her shoulders jostled her every time
He spoke.

"Ohh she's a nice one!! Gave us a bit of a struggle when we got 'er!" Y/n's jaw clenched. "A human too! Blood's great! Had some for myself a bit ago!" He yelled to the crowd. Y/n's lips quivered a bit at the idea of the man taking blood from her while she was unconscious. "Alrighty! The bids start at 3 coins!"

"10!" A voice called out from the ragged crowd.

"15"

"30!" Y/n's heart began to pound. She was being sold like cattle to these people. Most just looking to drain the life of her, not caring for what she thought or felt. She thought of her mother and her eyes began to grow cloudy with tears.

"500,000" the crowd went silent. Heads turning to the hooded figure nearing the front of the pedestal.

"S-Sold!" The man who was holding her held out his hand to receive the bag of coins. A pale hand reached out from the cloak to drop the bag into his hands. The man snickered greedily at the bag and shoved y/n off the pedestal. The cloaked figure's arms stretched out to catch her before her knees could make contact with the harsh cobblestone ground.

"Mph-" she face planted into her buyers chest. Inhaling, she caught a whiff of a gentle perfume, it smelled quite expensive.

"I apologize, but we must go quickly." He whispered to her, cutting her bindings and guiding her out of the crowd and through the village till they were at a road.

"Are you going to kill me?" Y/n asked softly as to not upset him, hoping that would lengthen her life span just a bit. He pulled the cloak off of himself. Shaking his head 'no' as he slid it onto her.
Y/n's eyes went wide. He stood out, no wonder he wore the cloak in the crowd. His two toned hair would've attracted too much attention, not to mention his attire. He was wealthy, y/n knew that for sure.

"Again, I apologize for the circumstances." He said, ushering her to follow him. Y/n followed. She didn't want to, but she did. Anxiety had started to build. The Todoroki's were expecting her...if she never arrived would they grow angry?

"Shoto! There you are!" Y/n looked up, they were standing in the gates of a large mansion. A young girl with white hair and streaks of red came running up to the boy beside her and giving him a hug. Once she let go of him her eyes traveled over to y/n.

"Oh-you found her!!" Her arms wrapped around y/n.
"Thank god! We got worried when you didn't arrive for an hour, Shoto went out against fathers orders and went looking for you." She patted y/n's head. Y/n looked at her confusingly.

"Wait-"

"Oh I'm so sorry for not introducing myself! I'm Fuyumi Todoroki and this is my bother Shoto." She said, gesturing to the boy who'd payed for her.

"Where's Natsuo?" Shoto asked Fuyumi.

"Oh he's... trying to calm down father. When the man heard you'd left against his orders he got quite...angered." She laughed nervously. Shoto sighed in annoyance as he walked towards the doors of the mansion.

"Here, lets get you cleaned up and in something that smells a little less...smelly." Fuyumi linked an arm with y/n and brought her inside.