Ch 14

"Y/n I need you to run an errand with Shoto." Fuyumi said.

"H-Huh?" Y/n stuttered for a moment.

"I've already spoken to him, pleeeeease it'll be quick I promise." Fuyumi said.

"Ok..." y/n said hesitantly. "If he agreed does that mean he's not mad at me anymore?" She thought to herself.

"He's waiting by the gates." Fuyumi said.

"Alright." Y/n hurried outside. She spotted the boy standing by the gates, ready to go. "Alright, I'm ready!" Y/n said as she neared him. Shoto said nothing as they began their walk to the market.
"So what are we getting?" Y/n asked him. She got silence in return once more. Y/n sighed quietly as they neared the town. There was a big crowd in the market.
"Geez it's packed today." Y/n commented as both her and Shoto go into line for something...she couldn't see what but Shoto stood behind her in line.

Suddenly the person behind them started shoving them from behind.
"C'mon! Stop taking forever!" They shouted as they pushed Shoto forward.

"U-uh-," Shoto's chest was pushed against
y/n's back. "There's a line...with people in front of us we can't really scoot up any further." Shoto said to the person behind them. Y/n had been pushed forward as well. If she scooted up any further to give Shoto some space to move then she'd be close to the person in front of her...too close for comfort.

"C'mon move!" The person said, jostling them again. Shoto absentmindedly placed his hands on y/n hips to steady both him and her. Y/n cheeks flushed and so did Shoto's, realizing what he'd done. He quickly removed his hands.

"Mind telling me what exactly were waiting in this line for?" Y/n whispered to Shoto. His chest was still pressed to her back as the person was still trying to push them forward.

"We need more sanitary needles." He said to her, his voice close to her ear.

"Why's everyone waiting in line then? Are they all getting needles?" She asked him.

"I'm sure many people have a need for them. Doctors, blood doners..." Shoto said.

"Yeah I guess your right..." y/n said.

The line had finally started moving. Soon enough they came to the front and got what they needed. Shoto handed the woman behind the counter some coins and they were on their way back home.

~timeskip~

"Sis, here." Shoto said, handing the bag of needles to Fuyumi.

"Ah! Thank you guys!" She said, taking them from her brothers hands and walking off to put them away.

Y/n and Shoto stood alone for a moment in silence.

"I'm going to go to the gardens." They said at the same time.

"O-oh.." y/n stuttered in embarrassment.

"Uh-I'll go to the library." Shoto said, changing his plans last minute.

"...ok" y/n said quietly as she watched him head up the stairs. Y/n sighed and headed out in the direction of the gardens.

She looked up at the blue sky as she lay in the grass. She'd found a nice spot hidden in the rose garden that was clear. The clouds above were white and puffy and they floated along lazily. An occasional breeze blew the scent of roses down to y/n's senses. She heard a rustle and she looked up to see Fuyumi standing above her.

"What're you doing?" Fuyumi smiled down at her.

"I don't know...thinking..." y/n said gloomily.