Ch 22

Y/n and Shoto returned to find that both Kaminari and Uraraka already passed out by a smoldering fire. Y/n stretched her arms and sighed as she laid down in the grass beside the fire. Shoto patted the grass beside her before laying down as well.

"Mmh...sho..." y/n wiggled closer to him and lay an arm across his chest as she nuzzled into his neck. Shoto smiled to himself softly and pressed his lips to her forehead.

Y/n woke up when she felt Shoto giving her gentle nudges.
"Mmmmorning." She yawned and sat up.

"good morning!" Uraraka giggled as she handed y/n some bread.

"Thanks." Y/n said as she rubbed her eyes and bit into the bread.

"Sorry we don't have much!" Kaminari said between bites.

"It's quite alright." Shoto mumbled as he ate.

After chatting and eating for a while the four of them headed back on their journey. Both Uraraka and Kaminari walked ahead as Shoto and Y/n rode slowly on their horse.

Y/n had done some thinking that morning and she'd grown quite concerned with a thought that kept coming up in her mind.

"Hey..." y/n whispered to Shoto as she clutched him tighter.

"Hm?" He tilted his head slightly to look at her.

"Shoto you.... live longer than humans don't you." Y/n kept her voice quiet.

"Yes?" Shoto whispered back questioningly.
Y/n was silent for a moment before opening her mouth to speak.

"Shoto I don't want to grow old while you stay young....I want to grow old with you." Y/n pressed her forehead to his back. She didn't get any response from the boy. She'd started to worry that she'd upset him when he spoke once more.

"I know..." his voice was pained.
"I know but I don't want you to go through that." His shoulders tensed.

"Go through what?" Y/n tilted her head.

"We can talk about it later...now's not the best time." Shoto said sternly as both Kaminari and Uraraka laughed along ahead of them joyously about something.

"Ok...I understand." Y/n nodded.

"Alright here's our stop!" Kaminari smiled back in at y/n and Shoto as they hopped off of their horse. They'd arrived at the next town.
The four of them walked around the streets and checked out various shops.

"Think we've got enough coins for some more fruit?" Kaminari asked as he turned to Uraraka.

"Yeah we'll be fine!" Uraraka responded as she looked into the small bag.
Shoto turned away from them to look around for y/n who had seemed to wander off somewhere. He quickly became distressed when he couldn't see her anywhere beside him.
"Where..?" His eyes landed on her figure a little ways away.

"Are you alright my love?" Shoto asked her as he walked to her. Y/n's eyes were focused on the water of the fountain in front of her.

"Yeah I'm...just thinking." Her eyes still gazed at the water. Shoto brought a hand up to rub her arm gently.
"Sho...I want a garden." y/n turned to look at him. She'd been looking back at all the times she'd spent time with him in the gardens back at the manor. Shoto smiled at her softly.

"Of course. I think I'd like one as well." Shoto nodded fondly. Y/n turned suddenly to hug Shoto tightly.

"Mm?" He was caught off guard but quickly brought his arms around her as well.

"Is now a good time to talk about what you wanted to talk about?" Y/n mumbled into his shoulder as she kept her arms wrapped around
him.

"I suppose..." Shoto sighed softly as he removed her arms from him and sat on a bench near the fountain.
"There's a procedure often done to a human when they are in a committed relationship with a vampire..." y/n listened to him speak as she sat next to him.
"The human is given weekly doses of the blood of the vampire they are in a relationship with until the human has fully turned." Shoto sighed . Y/n nodded slowly as she thought about it.
"The process can take months for the
Human to turn, and of course they'll never be a true vampire, but it lengthens their life expectancy to match that of their lovers'." Shoto looked away from her as he finished explaining.

"I'll do it." Y/n responded almost immediately. Shoto turned to look at her worriedly.

"My love the process is dangerous and you could get hur-,"

"I'll do it." Y/n responded more sternly this time. Shoto stared at her hesitantly.
"Please Shoto." Y/n scooted closer to him and gripped his hand.

"....alright....but the moment you start to show signs of getting ill I'm stopping the procedure immediately." Shoto tightened his hold on her hand and Y/n nodded in understanding.

"Do you think the doctor that Kaminari and Uraraka are going to can help us?" Y/n questioned.

"I believe we should definitely ask the doctor when we arrive. I'm not doing this without professional help." Shoto nodded as the both of them stood.

"You guys ready to settle down for the night?" Kaminari asked as he neared them.

"Mhm! Where' we sleeping?" Y/n asked the blonde.

"Nice grassy spot near that tavern!" Kaminari pointed to a small clearing a little ways away from the bustling tavern.

"I'll get a fire going." Uraraka said as she settled down in the grass with some wood.

Both Shoto and y/n found a comfy spot near the growing flames and the four of them chattered tiredly until they all began to drift off to the sound of the cracking flames.

Y/n felt her heart pound when she was woken up to the feeling of someone cupping her mouth.

"Stay quiet-..." A low voice hissed into her ear.
"-And I won't kill you."