Ch 12

It was minutes before the ball. A couple days before, y/n had spent her time with the maids helping them set everything up and buy enough food to supply the guests. Her and the Todoroki siblings- minus Shoto- would head down to the market occasionally for errands.

But now all the work had been done and tonight she could actually eat all the food they'd bought...and dance of course.

"Y/n! We've brought the dress you picked out." The muffled voice of a maid came from behind her door. Y/n opened the door and thanked the maid. The door closed and y/n changed into the especially fancy gown. She grabbed her hairbrush, combing through her hair throughly and doing everything that needed to be done so that she looked nicer than usual. She could hear the muffled sounds of guests coming in through the manor doors and being greeted. She smiled at herself one last time in the mirror and headed out. She walked down the stairs and Fuyumi made her way through the crowd to her.

"Busy night. Gosh this is so exiting!" Fuyumi said, leading y/n through the people.

"Fuyumi!" Someone called the girls name. Both y/n and Fuyumi turned to see a girl with black hair walk up to them, smiling.

"Ah Momo! It's nice to see you!" Fuyumi said, giving Momo a big hug. "Ah, this is y/n! She works here as Shoto's blood doner." Fuyumi introduced the two.

"It's nice to meet you!" Momo said, giving y/n a big smile. "I'm Momo of the Yaoyorozu Family." She introduced herself.

"It's nice to meet you." Y/n smiled back.

"let's go to the ballroom!" Fuyumi said, pulling the two along.

It was strange seeing the place so full and lively. Y/n was accustomed to seeing it dark and empty. The small memory of the ghost peeking into her mind. Though now, the ballroom was glorious. The floors were freshly polished. The chandelier was alight and glowing. People were laughing and talking at the tables on the sides of the room and there was soft piano playing in the background. Fuyumi jumped into the crowd that was dancing, wanting to join in too. Y/n on the other hand was looking for Natsuo.

She eventually found him laughing along with what she assumed was a group of friends.

"Happy birthday Natsuo!" She said as she walked over.

"Aww, thank you y/n! Your so sweet! Hey, try this." He said, handing her a small little cake.
Y/n took a bite, the sweet flavor spreading onto her tongue.

"Mmm! It's good!" She said.

"Yeah? I helped make them last night." He smiled.

"Y/n! Come on!" Fuyumi came back and snatched y/n away, dragging her into the waltzing crowd. Someone grabbed onto y/n's hand and danced with her. Her dancing was a bit clumsy but no one seemed to mind. Every so often everyone would switch partners mid song. Y/n was gently handed from partner to partner until she was dancing with Momo.

"Your a great dancer." Momo commented.
Y/n's cheeks flushed.

"Really? I just learned it last night..." she laughed. Momo smiled.

"Mhm. Your steps are light and you're easy to lead." She said.

"Your- dress! is very pretty." Y/n complimented her. Momo smiled.

"So is yours! It hugs your frame quite nicely." She complimented back. Y/n stuttered for a moment, cheeks red. Everyone changed partners once more and she was given away to the next person in a spin.

The next person came to her, their hand holding her waist firmly as to keep her balanced.

"You seemed like you were having fun." Shoto commented dryly, pulling her into pace with the people around them.