Ch 7

After exiting the baths the next morning and eating breakfast y/n decided she'd go hang out down by the stables again, maybe spend some time with the ginormous fluffy dog.

She skipped along the stone path, the trees clearing out and revealing the small hidden meadow. Y/n smiled, being greeted by the dog once more. The two of them walked in pace to the gates. Gin waved to her from the barn doors. He ran over and unlocked the gate, letter her in.

"Hey! How's it going Mylady?" He jokingly bowed.

"It's all good." Y/n smiled at him. A sheep brushed against her thigh and her hand went down to pet its soft wool.

"Whoa what's with the bandage?" Gin Pointed down at y/n's wrist. Y/n looked down to the bandage, remembering the night before.

"A-ah Shoto needed some blood last night." She laughed, scratching the back of her neck.

"Ooooh!" Gin nodded in understanding. "Alright, I thought you'd gotten hurt!" He laughed.
"Well, I gotta Go help Natsuo! Those sheep won't shear themselves!" Gin said, heading down the meadow a bit. Y/n's eyes followed him and noticed Natsuo was a little ways away. Y/n smiled gently, plopping herself down Into the grass next to Tadao. Her hand wove their way into the dogs fur.

"Your a pretty doggie yes you are~!" Y/n giggled when Tadao licked her cheek. A smooth voice let out a chuckle from behind her.

"Your quite fond of that dog."

Y/n jumped and turned around. Her eyes met with the dark fabric of freshly ironed pants.
Y/n looked up. Shoto was looking down at her, a small smile playing on his lips. 'I didn't even hear him approach me...' y/n thought in awe.

"Y-yeah...it's a cute dog...how could I not be fond." She nervously laughed.

"Hm," Shoto sighed as he sat down in the grass beside her. Y/n continued to pat the dog who was dozing off now at the affection.
"I would like to apologize for my behavior last night." Shoto said. Y/n was confused. 'He didn't do anything wrong?' She thought.

"I feel I came off as inexperienced and I must assure you I do know what I'm doing...it's just..."

"Hard to start that kind of conversation?" Y/n asked.

"Mhm," Shoto nodded.

"That's Alright Shoto, you don't need to be afraid to ask for things you need." Y/n reassured him. He nodded, reaching a hand down to feel the grass and looking back up in confusion when he heard y/n laugh.

"What is it?" He raised an eyebrow, fearful that she was laughing at him.

"It's just...I was thinking....how'd you find me?" She laughed.

"Oh it's... I followed your scent." Shoto answered, blinking at her.

"My- my what?" Y/n eyes begged for an explanation.

"Well I- I can smell you...it's another...evolutionary thing," he mumbled, hands returning to the grass.

"That's it! I want to learn all there is about vampires! Give me ALL the textbooks!!" Y/n was knowledge hungry.

"Your quite eager to learn..." Shoto commented.

"..."

"Do I smell bad though?" Y/n asked. Shoto looked up from the grass immediately.

"No! No...you smell...." he hesitated, "good."

"You hesitated." Y/n pointed at him. He looked Bewildered for a moment.

"Well I was simply trying to find the correct wording for it." Shoto explained, standing up from the grass.

"You guys are getting along well! Ah that's good to see." Natsuo said as he neared them, wiping his face with a towel. Shoto nodded.
"Well I'm all done! You two want to head back with me?" Natsuo asked.

"Sure!" Y/n said, standing up from the grass and wiping her dress off.

"Mhm," Shoto said, following the two of them along the stone path.

"I can teach you," Shoto said, leaning closer to y/n as they walked.

"A-about?" She asked.

"You said you wanted to learn everything about my kind...I can teach you." Shoto pointed a finger at himself.

"really?!" Y/n smiled.

"Mhm." the boy nodded.

Natsuo smiled to himself, happy that the two were finally starting to bond. 

"I'll show you to the library." Shoto said as they walked into the Manor. He took her up the marble stairs, through the corridor opposite to the one she usually walked to get to her room, and up a set of stairs that were tucked- almost hidden- at the end of the corridor.

"I would've never noticed these stairs if someone hadn't told me...why's the library so hidden?" Y/n asked the two toned boy who was walking up the steps in front of her.

"It's not for guests. So if there are ever to be any wandering guests they won't be able to find it." He explained as they neared the top of the stairs. Y/n stared in awe at the massive library laid out in front of her. There had to be at least 20 large bookshelves in the first half of the library. Y/n followed Shoto through them and she counted. Yep, 10 on each side. The center of the library held a spot where it looked to be various plants growing under a section of the roof that was made of glass. She followed him to the other half of the library which had an equal amount of bookshelves but it was much more gloomy. The books here were dusty and untouched.

Y/n watched as Shoto meticulously searched the covers of the books, clicking his tongue when he found the book he needed. He carefully pulled the book out of its resting place and blew the dust off it, handing it to y/n.

"History one..?" Y/n read out the title. 

"Yes, volume 1 covers the history of vampires." Shoto explained. Y/n raised her eyebrows.

"How many History books do you have?" Y/n asked.

"One for each race." Shoto said, taking the book from y/n's hands and flipping through the pages.
"Ive learned just about all of them and I've only got three more to study." Shoto commented.
Y/n's eyes widened.

"But there's over a hundred races in the land!" She exclaimed.
"You're so young! How could you have possibly learned about all of them and so quickly?!" She shouted. Shoto pressed a finger to her lips to silence her. Still focused on the book, he spoke rather amusedly.

"I think your forgetting that time passes slowly for my kind..." he said, guiding her to a table to sit at.

"Now, lesson one."