Ch 24

"Would you like to sit in front for a change?" Shoto asked as he turned to look at her.

"Mhm." Y/n slid off the horse and Shoto scooted back as she climbed back on in front of him and grabbed the reins.
"Can you tell me where we're heading?" Y/n asked as she nudged the horse into motion.

"Just follow the road to the next town." Shoto said quietly as he rested his head on her shoulder.

"Are you tired Sho?" Y/n giggled.

"Mmm." Shoto didn't give much of a yes or no answer. His arms wrapped around her waist and he sighed against her.

"I think we're here." Y/n said aloud as they neared the next town.

"I think we have enough coins to sleep in a tavern." Shoto said as he looked through the bag.
"Oh...no we don't..." he sighed as he pocketed the almost empty bag.

"That's alright! I'm sure we can find a nice place to sleep." Y/n smiled.
"There's still a bit of sunlight so let's go exploring!" Y/n gripped his hand. Shoto couldn't say no and they walked through the nearby forest- making sure not to stray too far from the town. Shoto led their horse along as well to make sure it didn't get stolen.

"The sun's starting to go down. We should head back." Shoto said as he looked up at the sky through the tree leaves.

"Wait a minute I want to see what that is." Y/n said as she pointed to a strange shape in the distance. The two of them neared what appeared to be an abandoned house. It's walls were made of stone and they looked like they'd started to crumble. Y/n pushed open the wooden door which was still attached and walked in.

"My love be careful. The roof doesn't look very sturdy." Shoto said as he hurried in after her.

"It's so pretty." Y/n smiled as she looked around.

"Pretty is not the word I'd use to describe it. It's quite dilapidated." Shoto raised an eyebrow as he looked around. Bits of the roof had caved in and the last rays of sunlight poured in through the holes.

"But think about how pretty it could be." Y/n said as she turned to him. Shoto gazed at her for a moment before a small smile spread onto his face as he understood what she meant.

"Yes...I suppose it would look quite beautiful if it was fixed." He walked to her and wrapped his arms around her waist as he looked at her amusedly.
"Maybe a beautiful garden beside it as well?" He smiled at her lovingly.

"I think I'd like that." Y/n closed her eyes and smiled as she pictured the idea in her head.

"For now let's find a spot to rest." Shoto planted a kiss to her cheek.

(Couple months later)

The two of them had slowly gathered supplies to fix up their newfound home. Both y/n and Shoto had begun working at a flower shop in the town near their home to earn enough coins to gain the supplies they needed to fix the roof and walls, as well as various windows. After a couple months of labor they'd practically almost finished it. Y/n had to teach Shoto a couple things about laying bricks since he'd never worked a day in his life but they'd finished quicker than she thought they would.

"How's the garden coming?" Shoto asked as he pushed open the wooden gate and walked to
Y/n who was watering the various flowers and foods they had growing.

"Good! The potatoes Kaminari gave us are sprouting and the roses are doing well too."
Y/n smiled down at the blooming flowers.

"Mmm~ thats quite good." Shoto smiled as he walked closer to her.
"Are you feeling any better?" He asked as he felt her forehead with his palm.

"Mhm." Y/n nodded.
When they finished the house both Shoto and y/n had decided to begin giving her doses of his blood each week. Just as Chiyo had said she'd gotten sick frequently and experienced hot flashes. But these symptoms were starting to come to a slow as y/n began to reach the end of her change. She'd started taking on a thirst for blood instead of water. Luckily, both kamainari and Uraraka were very willing to give them packets of their blood every week- enough to sustain both Shoto and y/n for a while. It was a good system they had set up.

Shoto grabbed y/n's hand gently and brought her back inside. They both took a seat on the soft cushions in their living room. It was time for her to receive another dosage- most likely her last as well.

"Are you ready?" Shoto looked to her as he drew his own blood. Y/n wasn't looking- the needle made her nauseous. She nodded quickly and stuck her arm out.
"Look at me." Shoto said sternly and y/n turned to make eye contact with him. He leaned close to press a kiss to her lips and then pulled away. Y/n felt her cheeks bloom with pink and Shoto got up to dispose of the needle.
"All done." He smiled at her as he came back moments later with a small bandage. He applied it to the spot and then moved to grab her hand. Shoto brought the back of her hand up to his lips and he looked up into her eyes.

"I love you!" Y/n jumped forward to hug him tightly. Shoto returned the embrace just as tight.

"I love you too." His words were muffled against her shoulder.
"My love, did you mention a couple days ago that you'd like to go and see your parents?" Shoto asked as he pulled away from the hug.

"Mhm!" Y/n nodded quickly.
"I know it'll be a long journey but I-,"

"I understand, we'll leave tomorrow. I'm sure Uraraka and Kaminari can watch the house for a couple days." Shoto said as he stood.

"Thank you!" Y/n shouted as she stood as well and hugged him again.

"Don't Thank me." He chuckled,
"If you don't mind...I think a visit with my father is due as well." Shoto sighed.

"You don't sound too enthusiastic about it."
Y/n commented.

"Of course I'm not. I want nothing to do with that bastard- but, Fuyumi and Natsuo deserve an explanation at best." Shoto said as he walked to their shared bedroom.
Y/n nodded and climbed onto the bed after him.

The two of them spoke softly to each other as the sun began to set. The candles were eventually blown out and as they stared to fall asleep Shoto pulled y/n closer to hold her tightly.