Ch 20

Y/n's eyes fluttered open and she let out a sleepy giggle at the feeling of gentle kisses being pressed to her cheeks.

"I'm sorry. I couldn't help myself with you looking so cute while you slept." Shoto whispered to her, arms resting on either side of her as he leaned over her slightly.

"Mmmm? I love you." y/n said tiredly, eyes still droopy with sleep. Shoto looked down at her lovingly and captured her lips with his own.

"I could lay here for hours." He whispered to her as he placed his head down on the pillow near hers. He hid his face in her hair and mumbled sweet words to her. Y/n stretched, causing Shoto to shift as well and sit up. She laughed at him when she noticed strands of his hair sticking up at odd angles.

"Hm? What's so funny?" He smiled at her confusedly. She sat up as well, using her fingers to fix his hair.

"It's nothing." She smiled and kissed his forehead before sliding off of the bed and letting her feet touch the cool floor. Shoto quickly slid off the bed as well and wrapped his arms around her waist from behind. He lay his head on her shoulder and spoke quietly.

"May i?" He asked, tugging on her sleeve gently.

"Huh?" Y/n turned her head to look at him.

"Dress you...?" Shoto clarified, his voice dropping to a whisper.
"You're still in your clothes from yesterday."
Y/n felt her cheeks flush.

"I-If you want..." she granted him permission. She felt him lift the bottom of her dress up and over her head and he pressed a kiss to her shoulder- causing goosebumps to rise on her skin.

"Turn and hold onto me." He said as he grabbed the new dress that had been set out for her in the early morning. Y/n turned shyly and held onto his shoulders as she stepped into the new dress. He pulled the dress up onto her and she slid her arms into the sleeves.
"There." Shoto gave a small smile. A knock from the door tore Shoto's attention from her. Y/n walked to open the door.

"Oh! Is Shoto in here?" A maid asked.

"Mhm!" Y/n stepped aside so the maid could speak to him.

"Your father Enji wants to speak with you." The maid bowed slightly before leaving. Y/n turned to look at him. His eyes were downcast to the floor and she could see he was visibly tense.

"It's going to be ok Sho." Y/n walked to him and moved his bangs aside to look in his eyes.
He was silent for a moment before sighing and nodding.

"I'll be back, I'll find you when I'm done." Shoto said as he squeezed her hand before letting it go and walking out the door.
Y/n waited for a moment before following him.
Just as she began walking down the stairs she saw him enter the dining hall. She crept up slowly and pressed her ear to the door.
"I know I shouldn't be snooping but just this once..." she thought to herself. She could hear the deep muffled voice of Shoto's father as he spoke sternly.

"What is that blood doner to you?" She heard him speak.

"You mean y/n? I would prefer if you used her name." Shoto spoke curtly before continuing.
"What is she to me?" He repeated the question and went silent for a moment- probably thinking.
"She is my love, as I am hers". He said confidently. Y/n felt her heart swell.
A loud sound came from inside the doors- something slamming against the dining table.

"I WILL NOT TOLERATE YOU LOVING A LOWLY HUMAN, SHOTO!" Enji's loud voice echoed.

"I recall you did the same thing...so why are you getting upset?" Shoto's voice didn't change in volume but he spoke more sternly.
"No...I should call what you did to mother love. She deserved better than you. Far better." Shoto hissed in anger.