Ch 6

Y/n was about to head back down to the stables after eating but Fuyumi had foiled her plans.

"Y/n? Do you want to leave the manor for a bit and go to the market with some of the maids?" She asked the younger girl. Y/n had happily agreed. After all, it was probably best that she but herself to good use.

The bunch of them made their way to the town. A couple of the girls were giggling and harmlessly gossiping.

"Ok ladies I've written down lists of things we need. We'll travel in groups of two. Meet back at the town square when your all done and we'll head back home." One of the maids said, handing out lists. Y/n was handed a list and her and another girl began their search for the items.

"Oh we got the fruits, this should be easy!" The girl beside her said, taking a look at the list. "Pears...pears...oh there they are!" She said pointing to a stand.
"Here I'll go get them, the apples are over there could you grab those? I'll find you in a bit." The girl hurried off to buy the pears.
Y/n headed over to the stand that was selling apples.

"H-how much for 10?" She stuttered, looking back down at the list to make sure she was getting the number right.

"20 coins miss." The man at the stand answered. Good thing the Todoroki's had supplied her with spending money for this task otherwise she'd be dead broke. She handed the man the coins and slid the bag of apples onto her arm, heading back to find the girl.

"Did you get them?" The maid asked, a bag of pears in hand.

"Yep! They're right here!" Y/n held up the bag.

"Ok good! Next ther-,"

"Ladies! Ladies!" A boy spoke from behind them. The two girls swiveled on their feet, looking at whoever had called to them. There stood a boy in ridiculous getup holding a lute.

"May I aid you in your fruit quest in exchange for some of your...sweet time?" He raised an eyebrow. His hair was a brilliant blonde...almost yellow. And he had a lightning shaped streak of black in his hair.

"Kaminari! Please- oh gosh I'm so sorry about him!" A clumsy looking girl in a witches hat apologized.

"Aww Uraraka! I was starting to hit it off!" He whined.

"No you weren't! You were bothering them!" She yelled at him.

"I'm sorry!" She apologized to them again.

"It's ok!" Y/n giggled at the two.
The girl named Uraraka had pulled the boy away by his ear, leaving y/n and the girl to finish their errands.

After a couple hours the group met back up at the town square, made sure they all had everything on their lists, and headed home.

When they walked through the gates they were greeted by more maids to help them carry everything into the kitchen and put everything away.

"Y/n if you don't mind could you put these clean towels on the racks in the bathing room?" A maid asked, handing
y/n the towels.

"Of course!" Y/n said, making her way to the bathing room and pushing the door open with her hip. Upon beginning the stacking of the towels she noticed someone bathing in one of the baths. Y/n recognized the familiar red and white hair, though his back was facing her.
Y/n's face flushed and she quickly stacked the last of the towels. Making sure not to take another glance. She stumbled out of the bathing room and closed the door with a relieved sigh.

"You've done a lot today. Why don't you take a break?" Fuyumi said as she passed by, books in hand.

"What are those for?" Y/n asked pointing down at the books.