Ch 19

Y/n heard Shoto sigh as he sat next to her in the carriage.
"Hey.." she said gently, giving him a soft smile.
He looked to her, a loving smile spreading onto his lips.

"I hope your parents are well." He looked past her out the window. The sun had barely risen above the trees and had just began to warm the air. Shoto had not brought a book along this time and had opted to keep himself busy by holding onto one of her hands. Every so often y/n could feel his thumb trail over her knuckles. She turned to look at Shoto and her eyes met his at once. How long has he been gazing at her?

The sun climbed above the trees and light flooded the carriage. Y/n's eyes widened as she was captured by Shoto's loving eyes as they were illuminated by the warm morning sun.

"What is it my love?" He tilted his head curiously.

"You're beautiful..." she whispered to him. He let out a quiet, breathy laugh and his eyelashes fluttered to look away from her, a soft pink spreading onto his cheeks. She cupped a hand to his cheek and brought his eyes back to hers.
"I mean it Shoto...you're the prettiest boy I've ever seen..." she said, cheeks flushing as well. A tiny smile spread onto his lips and one of his small canines peeked out. Shoto leaned forward, eyes closing as he pressed his lips to hers. Y/n let out a happy sigh and let her hands run through his soft hair. She felt him bite her lower lip gently as her face flushed hot. She pulled away, eyes wide as she let out a nervous laugh.
"S-Shoto!" She giggled and brought a hand to her lips.

"Hm?" He questioned.

"What was that for?" She smiled curiously.

"What ever do you mean?" He smiled smugly at her and leaned forward to press kisses to her cheek.

"Y/n!! It's good to see you again!" Her mom greeted her when she climbed out of the carriage, Shoto climbing out behind her. Y/n gave her mom and dad a hug as they all walked inside to catch up. Shoto sat beside y/n at the table as they all ate lunch.

"How did winter treat you?" Her dad asked her.

"It was alright...a little rough but I pulled through." Y/n smiled.

"That's good to hear. Your Mother and I had some trouble starting the winter crops." He commented.

"Did you start them too early?" Y/n asked.

"Yeah...you know how your mom gets excited to plant them.." he teased, his wife nudging him a moment later.
Shoto grasped y/n's hand gently from under the table and brought it up to give the back of her hand a kiss before letting her hand back down. Y/n's cheeks flushed when she noticed her parents blink in surprise at the stoic boy's action.

"If you'll pardon me, there's something I think the both of you should know." Shoto addressed y/n's parents. They stayed silent and waited for him to continue.
"I've made your daughter mine." He stated bluntly. Y/n almost spit out her food. She turned to him quickly.

"Shoto- that...makes it sound like we- you know-," she whispered sharply to him. His eyes widened in understanding.

"Shall I rephrase it?" He cleared his throat and turned back to look at her parents once more.
"I'm in love with your daughter...meaning I treasure her dearly." He said.
"Much better." She thought as she sighed inwardly. Her parents were silent for a moment before her mother spoke up.

"I figured so...with you glancing at her like that ever since you got here." She giggled at Shoto. Y/n looked to her father who was squinting at Shoto hesitantly.

"If permission is what you're asking for Todoroki...I'll grant it. Only if you promise not to harm her. She's my only daughter." Her father said.
Shoto nodded in understanding.

Y/n's parents hugged her and Shoto goodbye when their time to go had come. Y/n sat by the carriage door this time. She looked at Shoto when they lurched into motion. He was gazing out the window. The sun had started to set and the muffled sound of crickets and frogs could be heard.
"Pretty isn't it?" Y/n commented on the setting sun. Shoto turned to look at her for a moment before smiling softly.

"Yeah." He said, eyes staying on her. She sighed at him.

"I meant the sunset Shoto." She giggled.

"Oh..." he looked out the window but quickly turned to look back at her. "I'm not interested in it." He stated. Y/n's eyes widened in surprise.

"Oh? Then what are you interested in?" She smiled at him. He shifted closer to her until their legs pressed together.

"Hmmm..." he snaked a hand around her backside to hold her waist gently.
"You." He said as he rested his head against her own when she leaned against his shoulder. Moonlight poured into the carriage and they both rested for a while until they returned to the manor.

Y/n opened her eyes when she felt the cool covers of her bed slide over her.
"Mmmmh." She stirred. Shoto must've carried her up to her room.
She sat up just as he was about to leave.
"Sho~ stay." She called to him quietly. He returned to her side.

"Shhh sleep my love." He whispered to her. Y/n laid down but gripped his wrist as tight as she could being half asleep.

"Please...?" She cooed. He sighed as he gave in, sitting down on the side of her bed to take off his shoes before sliding under the covers with her. She smiled tiredly and wrapped her arms around his chest, Shoto did the same and pulled her close against him. He pressed his lips to her forehead in a gentle, tired kiss before he fell asleep.