Ch 2

"Aaaand Tilt your head back for me." Fuyumi said gently as she ran her fingers through y/n's hair and poured water over it.

"Alright, I'll grab you a towel. I'll be back with you in a moment." She patted y/n's head as she left the baths to retrieve a towel. Y/n sighed comfortably as she glanced around the baths. She could feel the smooth elegant tiles underneath her as well as the perfectly warm water that filled the large bath that she occupied. The soaps that Fuyumi had used left her dazed, the scent being perfectly floral without being overpowering.

"Alright, you can stand up now. I've got your towel." Fuyumi smiled as she walked back into the baths, her shoes clicking on the floors. Y/n stood up and wrapped the towel around herself. It was probably the softest thing she'd felt. Once y/n was dry Fuyumi strolled back to her, a simple yet beautiful gown in hand.

"I figured you'd be the type to prefer a more loose fitting dress, better to move around in." The white haired girl have her a wink. Y/n slid the fabric over herself. Indeed it was easy to move in and quite comfortable too. "Though I apologize, you cannot wear things like this all the time. For the occasion." Her eyes saddened a bit before clapping her hands together. "Let me show you around!" She linked and arm with y/n once more and guided her out of the baths.

"Now, I won't be the one bathing you. That was just...on a whim, special, I wanted to get to know you." Fuyumi giggled. Y/n smiled back. "You'll have a maid do most tasks for you, unless of course you want to do them yourself then feel free to. But, they are always there if you need their assistance." They had made their way back to the center of the mansion where the large entrance doors were. A chandelier hung above them and the floor was made of a gorgeous marble.

"Now, from here to the left are the kitchens and the dining hall. To the right are the baths." She laughed. "Which is where we just came from." She whispered. y/n let out a breathy laugh.

"There is a library on the third floor, I'll take you there sometime...or...well- someone will take you at least.
And up the stairs we go!" Fuyumi gently tugged y/n's arm. Once on the second floor they headed down a corridor, elegant carpet muffling the sound of Fuyumi's shoes.
"There are a total of ten bed chambers in the mansion, not counting servants quarters. Oh! And there is a ballroom! I'm sure you'll find yourself there eventually," she explained. They passed by a few windows and y/n kept her eyes glued to each one as they passed.
"I'll show you to yours." Fuyumi's voice snapped y/n back into reality.

"My..?" Y/n had confused herself.

"Your room, silly!" The snow haired girl giggled at her.

"Oh, right..." y/n trailed off. She didn't know quite how to feel.

"That's the first Ive heard you speak! Well, I guess all this is a lot. ..you've been through quite a bit in one day." Fuyumi's voice held sympathy. A nervous smile played onto y/n's face.
"Here's your room," y/n stood in front of two large doors.
"I'll leave you to be. You can rest for the remaining hours of the day. Well go over your requirements in the morning." The white haired girl flashed her a toothy smile and waltzed off. Y/n turned to look back at the doors, pressing her palms to the smooth wood and pushing the doors open. A cool waft of air blew onto her as she gazed into the room. She closed the doors and gaped at the luxurious room. Fine, airy, curtains waved in the wind of the open window which had a small balcony just outside it. The bed was large with a silk canopy hanging above it. Thin curtains tied to the bed posts, waiting to be closed as she slept. A wardrobe sat against a wall accompanied by a beautiful vanity. Y/n made her way to the bed and sat down at the edge of it. The soft bed cushioned her and beckoned her to lay down. She obliged and fell back into the bed. A sigh of relief left her mouth as she sunk into it.

"So cozy..." she whispered. A small nock sounded from the doors. Y/n quickly made her way to the door to open in.

"My lady, I hope your settling well." A small girl gave her a small bow in respect.

"I am, thank you!" Y/n smiled at her.

"I-I've brought you a clean gown to wear to bed." She held out the smooth fabrics. Y/n took them from her with a 'thank you' and was left to herself again. She'd slipped out of the dress gifted to her by Fuyumi and slid into her nightwear. She settled herself outside on the balcony to watch the sun go down.

"I'll have to write to mother to tell her I arrived...with minor complications." She thought to herself, a joking smile playing on her lips. A cool gentle breeze brushed her skin. Y/n took a deep breath; the nice, cool, clean, air filled her lungs.

Night grew close and little stars peaked out of the sky. Y/n walked back into the room and closed the window. With the silks curtains drawn she slid under the covers. In a short time the room had grown on her. There was a certain air about it. A calming melancholy aura seemed to float around the room and it lulled y/n to sleep.