Ch 25 (final chapter)

Both y/n and Shoto waved goodbye to Uraraka and Kaminari. The two of them were going to watch the house while y/n and Shoto went to see their parents.

"Have a safe trip!" Uraraka called after them.

"We will!" Y/n smiled and waved.

The journey was very long, a week at least. It was very strange to y/n, coming back the way they'd gone. It almost felt nostalgic. They neared her parents home and both y/n and Shoto got off of their horse. Y/n walked up to the door and knocked. It took a moment for the door to open. Her mother stood there wide eyed for the longest time before she burst into tears and pulled y/n into a tight hug.

"Where have you been?! You've been gone for months!" Her mother cried. Y/n's father came out as well when he heard the commotion. He gasped when he saw y/n and Shoto.

They all headed inside and both y/n and Shoto explained everything as best as they could.
"I wish there was some way to contact you sooner to tell you that I was alright!" Y/n said as she finished telling the story.

"We thought you'd died! Thank god you're still alive." Her mom gripped her hand tightly.
"And you!" Her mom pointed a finger at Shoto.
"Thank you for keeping her safe." Shoto nodded.

"Oh! Here's a map of where we live now." Y/n said as she pulled a paper from her pocket and laid it on the table in front of her parents.

"Oh thank you! We'll make sure to come and visit you often!" Her mother smiled as she looked at the paper.

The two of them stayed at y/n's parents house for a couple days before making their way to the manor. Y/n stared wide eyed at the manor gates as they neared. It felt like It'd been so long since she'd seen it. They left their horse by the gates and walked in. Everything was the same- not a thing different from when they had made their quick exit all those months ago.

"S-Shoto is that you?" A familiar voice called and Fuyumi came running to him.
"Y/n! Oh my gosh!" She hugged them both.
"Please- come inside!" She smiled giddily. They walked through the doors and y/n was almost completely lost in thought as she looked around. She'd made so many memories here.

"Shoto..." a deep voice called. Y/n felt Shoto's grip on her hand tighten and she was pulled out of her thoughts.

"Yes?" Shoto said coldly as he looked to his father.

"I would like to apologize... for everything." Enji said. It was quite awkward hearing it come from him. He didn't seem like the type to give apologies.

"I'm not the one you should be apologizing to." Shoto said as he stared his father down.

"Yes. You're right." Enji looked to y/n.
"I know there is nothing I can do to right my wrongs... all I can do is say that i am deeply sorry- and ashamed of my actions towards you." Enji bowed in apology. Y/n was silent for a long while before speaking.

"I forgive you. But I won't forget." Y/n said sternly. Enji nodded in understanding. Fuyumi shifted uncomfortably before clasping her hands together.

"Well- now that we've got that out of the way! Tell me where you guys have been! What's happened?" She smiled as they all gathered to speak.

Y/n and Shoto shared their stories- which were much of the same ones they'd told y/n's parents a couple days before. Fuyumi and Natsuo nodded and listened along as they spoke about how they'd met up with Uraraka and Kaminari.

"Wow... you had quite the journey." Fuyumi smiled at them.
"And y/n! You're not human anymore!" She pointed to the girl. Y/n laughed nervously as she looked to Shoto.

"We decided it was for the best." Shoto spoke as he gripped y/n's hand again.

"I feel you! I wouldn't want my girlfriend dying before my lifespan was even halfway over!" Fuyumi laughed.

They stayed at the manor for a couple days as well before Enji offered them a carriage ride
home.

"Remember this?" Y/n smiled as she sat beside Shoto in the carriage.

"Of course." Shoto leaned closer to her to give her a kiss.
"I won't ever forget." He whispered as he wrapped an arm behind her to bring her closer to him. Y/n's leg pressed against Shoto's and she sighed contently as she leaned her head on his shoulder.

Y/n gazed sleepily out the carriage window as the trees passed by. The sun was starting to set but the carriage remained warm and comforting. She closed her eyes and smiled when she felt one of Shoto's hands trace the skin of her arm gently back and forth.

"Thank you," a soft voice whispered.

"Hm?" Y/n opened her eyes only to catch a glimpse of the ghost she'd seen in the ballroom so long ago. A happy smile graced the ghosts lips as she faded away.

"What is it love?" Shoto asked quietly.
Y/n smiled gently as she closed her eyes once more.

"A memory."

________________________________
A/n:
Agh! I got a little teary eyed writing that last bit! Anyway- thank you so much for making it this far! I appreciate every single one of you and your comments never fail to make me smile! ✨🌸❤️❤️❤️🌸✨