Ch 18

Y/n's eyes fluttered open at the muffled sound of birds chirping. Something tickled her nose and she scrunched it, looking down to see Shoto's head tucked under her chin. His hair had tickled her and she felt a sneeze coming on.

"Achoo!!" She sneezed, causing Shoto to jerk awake, his head slamming into her jaw.
"Ow!" Y/n yelped. Shoto sat up and looked at her, bewildered. She laughed a moment later.
"I'm sorry Shoto. Did I scare you?" She grabbed his upper arm and gently pulled him back down to lay with her once more.

"Mhm." He gave a small nod and laid down beside her.

"Mmph." Y/n sighed in pain as she felt a minor headache come on from the collision.

"Did I hurt you?" Shoto asked, a faint amount of worry in his voice.

"Yeah...I've got a headache..." y/n rubbed her temples. She heard Shoto scoot closer to her on the bed and bring one of his hands up to press against her forehead.
"Ahhh your hands are cold." Y/n sighed.

"Feels good?" He asked her.

"Mhm." She nodded, the coolness relieving a bit of the pain.
"Why are they so cold though?" She looked at him questioningly.

"We didn't sleep under the covers so I'm cold." He answered.

"Ah! Shoto if you were cold last night you should've said something!" Y/n scolded gently.

"I didn't want to wake you..." he said shyly. Y/n sighed and pressed her lips to his forehead. Shoto looked away, a light blush dusting his cheeks. She giggled at him softly.

"We should get up..." he whispered.

"Mmmm no." Y/n closed her eyes and wiggled closer to him. She was about to lay her arm on him when he caught her wrist gently with his hand and gave a kiss to her palm before sitting up. Y/n sighed and sat up as well. She froze when Shoto froze.

"What is it?" She asked him. He pointed to the dress that had been set out for her for the day.
"What about it?" Y/n asked.

"Do you think they saw us?" He asked quietly, referring to the maid who'd set it out.

"What, sleeping?...pretty sure yeah..." y/n answered.
"It's nothing to be worried about though right?" She asked as she stood up and grabbed the dress.

"No...but my father might whine about it for a while.." he muttered.

"Hm?" Y/n tilted her head, not quite hearing him.

"It's nothing to worry about love, I'll leave so you can get dressed. Meet me in the gardens." Shoto said briefly before walking out of the room for her to change.

Y/n could feel her cheeks flush as she changed into her clothes. "It's nothing to worry about love." His words echoed in her head.

She made her way out of the manor and to the gardens. She found Shoto there, sitting in
The grass and and admiring something on the ground. He looked up at her when he heard her footsteps.

"Hey!" She smiled as she sat down beside him, noticing a bowl of fruit in his lap.

"Breakfast." He said softly as he placed the bowl in her lap. "You can have all of it if you'd like." He said before looking back down at the grass.

"Oh...thank you! Did you eat?" She asked, taking a bite of fruit.

"Mhm." He nodded.

"That's good." She said, scooting closer until their knees touched. Shoto looked down at their knees before bringing his eyes back up to look at her. Y/n looked at him as well, taking a bite of the fruit. Shoto leaned over and kissed her lips gently before pulling away and bringing his eyes back to the grass in front of him. Y/n was stunted for a moment  and almost combusted when she noticed him lick his lips to get the juice off.

~timeskip~

"Would you like to travel to see your parents again?" Shoto asked y/n as they walked through the gardens slowly.

"Yes!! Of course!" She jumped in excitement. Shoto nodded.

"We'll leave first thing tomorrow morning." He said as they walked. "Now, if you'll excuse me my love," he stopped to give her a light kiss on the cheek. "I must speak to my father about traveling tomorrow." He nodded goodbye and walked out fo the gardens. Y/n could feel her lips pull up into a smile as she watched him go.
She smiled as she placed her hand on the spot he'd kissed. "'My love' huh? She thought to herself as she laughed.