Ch 8

"So you do age...just slower?" Y/n asked Shoto.

"Yes." He nodded.

"Got it." She turned another page, skimming through it and drinking up the knowledge like water.

"Shall we stop?" Shoto asked after a while.

"Hm?" Y/n questioned, eyes not leaving the book for even a moment. "No...no I want to keep reading." She said, turning another page. Her focus on the book was broken when Shoto slid it out of her hand.

"It's quite late...I suggest you get some sleep." He said, marking her spot and sliding the book back into its place on the shelf. "Come." He called to her. Y/n pouted and followed him out of the library.

"You seemed quite fascinated." Shoto commented as they walked through the corridor.

"Well yeah! I'd've never gotten the chance to learn that much where I used to live..." her words trailed off.

"Do you miss it there?" He asked gently as he opened the doors to her room. Y/n thought for a moment.

"Well...yes and no. I think I miss the people more than the place..." she said, a bittersweet smile spreading onto her face.

"Hm" Shoto looked at her for a moment. "I can take you to visit them tomorrow if you'd like." He said, shifting on his feet.

"Really?! I'd love that! Thank you!" Y/n wrapped her arms around him excitedly. Shoto stiffened. His arms hovered around her, not quite knowing what to do with himself until she pulled away from him. A big smile was still on her face as she nodded at him and closed the bedroom door.

After changing into her nightgown y/n slipped under the covers. Her mind filed through all the information that she had learnt. She eventually drifted off with a small smile, happy that she'd get to spend some time with her family again tomorrow.

~morning~

"My lady, it's time to wake up." A maid opened the curtains. Y/n groaned.
"Pardon the intrusion my lady but you must get up and eat breakfast quickly. Shoto has gotten permission from his father to take you to see your family for a day. You leave as soon as your done with your breakfast." Y/n jumped out of bed at her words. The maid giggled at her.
"Your quite lively today my lady. Here, your dress." She said, handing y/n her dress for the day.

"Thank you!" Y/n said, putting the dress on once the maid left. She brushed her hair and exited the room, making her way down to the dining hall and eating quickly. Fuyumi was there as well, laughing as y/n scarfed down her food.

"I'll see you later y/n!" Fuyumi called to her as the younger girl exited the dining halls.

"Goodbye!" Y/n waved and walked to the carriage. the stage coach gently held her hand, helping her inside. Y/n took her seat, noticing Shoto was already inside. He looked up from his book.

"Good morning!" Y/n said with a bright smile. The boy simply nodded, his eyes returning to the book.

Having nothing to do y/n watched out of the small window. She was definitely adding this moment into her list of favorite moments. The seats were soft. The carriage was warm with the morning light pouring into the window. The trees outside were green. Y/n took notice every so often the quiet sound of Shoto turning a page of his book.

She took this time to really look at the boy while he was distracted with his book. His eyes caught the light as the beams passed through the trees. Y/n watched his two toned orbs follow the words across the page as he read. His lips were slightly agape, letting the small corners of his canines be seen. Every so often she would wonder where his scar on the left side of his face came from. Though, if anything, it seemed to only add to his beauty.