Ch 23

Y/n kicked her legs and gripped onto the man's hand with her own and started tugging with all her strength. He began to drag her backwards into the forest.
Shoto had felt her presence disappear from his side and his eyes opened and looked to the spot where she'd been laying. He heard shuffling in the grass a little ways away and looked in the direction to see y/n being dragged away- her legs kicking around and trying to dig into the grass.

"LET HER GO!" Shoto shouted as he scrambled to his feet.

"Come any closer and I'll kill her!" The Man behind her shouted. Y/n flinched at the loudness of his voice in her ear and she felt a cool metal at her throat. She froze- "that's a knife isn't it..." y/n thought as she kept still.
Shoto stopped his movements.

"What do you want?! Money?!" Shoto shouted. Y/n could hear the desperation bleed through in his voice.

"Ha! No...I want this sweet things' blood." He chuckled darkly.
"Such a nice smell~" he cooed in her ear. Y/n felt her stomach wrench and she felt like she was going to throw up. Shoto heard a shuffling behind him but he didn't dare take his eyes off y/n for a moment. Y/n had managed to open her mouth and she bit down on the man's hand.

"Damnit! You bitch!" He shouted as he clutched his hand.

"Y/n duck!" Uraraka shouted as she grabbed her wand and yelled a word in a foreign language. Y/n ducked to her knees and a bright light flew over her head and crashed into the man's face. Bits of bright sparks bounced onto the ground beside y/n as the man was hit with a spell. Y/n heard a thud and she turned around to see the man collapsed on the grass- he looked to be sleeping.
She gasped when she felt arms tightly wrap around her. She knew it was Shoto when his familiar smell graced her senses. She made a small noise as she turned in his arms and wrapped her own around his neck as he lifted her to her feet.

"Are you alright?!" Shoto pulled away and brushed her hair away from her face with his hands worriedly. Y/n nodded and forced a smile.

"Yeah...I'm alright." She sighed in relief.

"Nothing hurts?" Shoto continued to worry as he looked around at her for any wounds.

"Yeah..." y/n kept a smile at bay as she thought of something clever.
"Right here." She pointed at her lips. Shoto looked at them and his eyebrows knitted in worry.

"Oh no..." he said, her plan completely blowing over his head.

"Kiss it better." Y/n faked a pout.

"Will it help?" Shoto looked into her eyes.
"He completely believes this doesn't he?" Y/n tried to contain her laughter.

"Mhm." She nodded and put on her best puppy dog eyes and even added a little sniffle as a garnish. Shoto leaned close and pressed his lips to hers. Y/n couldn't help but smile as he pulled away- worry still in his eyes.

"Do you feel any better? Did the pain stop?" Shoto asked.

"Mhm! Much better thank you!" Y/n smiled. Something in Shoto's mind clicked. He froze and blinked at her.

"Wait...you did that to get a kiss didn't you..." Shoto squinted at her.

"Mmmmaybe?" Y/n laughed. Shoto smiled at her and shook his head in mock disappointment.

"Sorry to uhhh break up your flirting but we should probably get going." Kaminari said nervously.
"I don't know who that guy is but I really don't want to deal with him when he wakes up." He said as he began packing his bag quickly.

"Do you guys have any idea who he is?" Uraraka asked as she pocketed her wand.
Shoto glared at the man and nodded.

"He sells humans. I had to save y/n from
him once before." Shoto's words were laced with disgust.
"He's most likely part of the small community of vampires who's crazed for blood." Shoto said as he guided y/n away from the man.
"I wouldn't want to know how long he's been following us." Shoto grumbled. Y/n felt a shiver creep up her spine at the thought of someone following them.