Ch 3

"My lady." A gentle voice called to y/n. Waking her up with a pat on the shoulder.

"Hm?" Her eyes opened right as the curtains were drawn. "Mhhhp." She winced at the bright light. Birds were chirping outside and her window had been opened, a gentle, warm, breeze flowing through.

"Did you rest well?" A maid asked her kindly as she set out a dress for y/n to wear.

"Yeah I did! Thank you." Y/n smiled at the girl as she climbed out of the covers.

"Here, let me dress you." The maid helped y/n out of her nightgown and into her dress. The maid spoke as she buttoned the back of y/n's dress. "My lady, you really should be sleeping with your window closed, it gets quite cold at night." She commented. Y/n raised an eyebrow in confusion. 'I could've sworn I closed it last night...' she thought.

"Sorry, I must've forgot." Y/n answered.

"Oh it's quite alright," the maid said, adjusting the dress.

"I'll be taking you down to speak with the lord of this manor about your use here." She gave a pat to y/n's shoulder once she finished.
"Here, lets get that hair brushed." The maid walked over to the vanity and grabbed a brush from one of the drawers. She combed through y/n's hair, gently untangling the knots from her sleep. "And your all done, follow me." Y/n nodded and followed her out of the room, through the corridor and down the large marble stairs. Eventually they reached the dining hall where y/n assumed they would be speaking.

The maid opened the large doors and led y/n inside. The room was huge, a circular red carpet surrounded the massive table with various foods sitting atop. A beautiful glass chandelier hung above it. Y/n looked around the room, a huge window caught her eyes with tons of white flowers sitting in vases alongside the long windowsill. Just outside the window a large fountain could be seen. There were two, y/n knew this. She'd seen the other one from her window. 'That must've been crazy expensive to build' she thought to herself.

The maid led y/n to sit alongside Fuyumi, across from Natsuo and Shoto with The lord Enji sitting at the end of the long table. Y/n had never seen lord Enji Todoroki before and she was glad she hadn't. Had she and she might've not agreed to come here. Enji was big, not in a wide big but a strong big. His intimidating presence seemed to fill the room. His eyes stared down the table at
y/n.

"I am lord Enji Todorki of this house, and you are?" His loud voice filled the room. Making y/n's skin crawl with fear.

"Y-y/n l/n. Nice to meet you sir." She stuttered out.

"It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance y/n l/n. I apologize for not being able to greet you yesterday, I had some...business to take care of."   Shoto's fork clattered to his plate as he abruptly stood up.

"Excuse me." He said, walking to the door.

"SHOTO! GET BACK HERE!" Enji yelled after him but Shoto didn't seem to care as he exited the dining hall. Fuyumi sighed next to y/n.

"They're always like this. It's better to just get used to it." She whispered to y/n.
"Father? Would you excuse me and y/n for a walk as I explain her duties around the manor?" Fuyumi suggested.

"Go." He waved her off. Fuyumi took
y/n's hand and led her out of the dining hall to the outdoors.

"Ah that's much better isn't it?" She said taking a deep breath.
Y/n nodded. "There's a nice path in the forest we can walk on, it loops back to the manor." She walked as y/n followed.

"Now, for your duties!" She smiled.
"Every once in a while he's going to need some blood. Just like a human needs water, though not as frequent." Y/n tilted her head.

"He's...? Who's?" Y/n was confused. And now Fuyumi was confused because y/n was confused. 

"W- oh did nobody tell you?" Fuyumi tilted her head too.

"Tell me what?" Y/n was growing concerned.

"Well, I'm not the one taking blood from you.  Nor is Natsuo or the Lord. We each have our own person for that." Fuyumi explained. "You're to give Shoto your blood when he requires it." She said with a smile. Y/n was dumbfounded.

"I thought...all of you needed my blood?" She questioned. Fuyumi looked horrified.

"No! No, no, that would kill you! We don't want you dying! You just serve one person don't worry." She patted y/n's back.
"That's what you thought this whole time and you still agreed to come huh? You are truly kind." Fuyumi smiled at her.

"But back to the topic at hand. Shoto won't ask for blood very often so you don't need to worry a whole bunch about that." She giggled before whispering in
y/n's ear. "I actually think he's quite shy about it." Y/n laughed as her breath ticked her ear.
"But to keep your blood heathy and flowing you will need to do daily things. You can chose however you want to do this whether it be helping at the stables, kitchen, gardens, or even merely just taking a walk every now and then. Your not required to do any of these things but do make sure your getting a good amount of movement in. We wouldn't want your blood turning sour." She smiled. "Any questions?" Fuyumi asked.

"Why am I being assigned to Shoto? Does he not already have someone to give him blood?" Y/n questioned. Curious as to why he didn't already have a blood giver.

"Ah, you see, Shoto's old blood giver quit." Fuyumi answered. Y/n became nervous.

"...w-why?" She asked. Fuyumi looked nervous now.

"W-well you see...Shoto can be quite...difficult...sometimes." She hesitated.

"Difficult how?" Y/m pressed for answers.

"Well, he's quite stubborn and he may come of as cold or closed off. And he's not the best at communicating. But I promise you he isn't harsh or aggressive. He does care...he's just not the best at expressing that." Fuyumi explained. Y/n nodded, having learned something new about Shoto. "Do try to get to know him and I'm sure in his own way he'll try to get to know you too." She patted y/n's back.

"Is that all you wanted to know?" Fuyumi asked again.

"One more question."

"Ask away."

"How do I give the blood?" Y/n twiddled her fingers.

"It can be taken from a bite, our fangs are made to break your skin with ease." Fuyumi pulled her lip back to expose her upper fangs.
"Or if you don't want to be bitten then we can just take it by needle." Y/n quivered at the thought. "Most don't like the needle though, including us. It messes with the taste. But! Your comfort is what's most important!" She smiled.
Y/n returned her smile. 'They're all so thoughtful.' She thought to herself.

"Shall we return? I'm sure you'd like to do some exploring on your own." Y/n nodded.

"I like that idea!"