Ch 21

(Gets a little spicy at the end- just a warning 😉)

As y/n sat up, Shoto's arms fell away from her. She rubbed the sleep from her eyes and looked down at him. His soft breathing moved his bangs slightly and y/n smiled down at him. She leaned down and pressed a kiss to his forehead- the action waking him.

"Good Morning." He whispered.

"Morning." Y/n whispered back. Shoto lay there for a moment before sitting up as well.

The two of them headed down the stairs to grab a bite to eat before heading out to look around the town. Shoto kept his promise of buying her some more suitable clothes and took her into a shop.

"Look around, try to find something comfortable to wear and I'll get it for you." Shoto said as they entered, a bell ringing above them. Y/n nodded and walked around. She looked through the wooden racks before finding a shirt and a pair of pants that she liked. She turned and held them up for Shoto to see.
"Those?" He asked her.

"Mhm!" Y/n smiled. It'd been so long since she last wore something like this. She'd honestly started to miss it. Even if the dresses back at the manor were nice, sometimes it was nice to wear something other than a dress. Shoto gave the money to the lady behind the counter and they were off. He'd bought a bag as well- something to keep food and clothing in while they traveled. Y/n found a place to change into her new clothes and came out, old dress in hand.

"How's it look?" she did a spin for Shoto. He smiled and walked over to kiss her.

"You look beautiful, as you always do." He whispered in her ear.
"Would you mind if we sell the dress? I'm afraid we're going to run out of money eventually." Shoto said, taking hold of the dress. Y/n nodded- it's not like she'd miss it much anyway.

After looking around for a bit for someone who would take the dress off their hands, the two of them mounted their horse and made their way out of the town.

"Sho? Where are we going?" Y/n asked as she held his waist to keep herself stable.

"To find a better place to live. Somewhere where my father won't find us." He responded, eyes still focused on the road ahead of them.
Y/n nodded and rested her head against his shoulder with a sigh. Her mind began to wander as the realization of the situation really started to set in. Y/n eyes started to water when she thought about her parents. What would they do when they got word of what had happened? If they ever did. Would she ever see them again?
Shoto's eyes widened when he heard her breathing start to tremble and her grip on him tighten. He let a hand let go of the reins and placed it over hers- which was still holding tightly onto him.

"It's ok...I'm ok." Y/n whispered into his shoulder.

"You don't have to pretend that everything is ok." Shoto said, his jaw clenching.
"It's ok to cry. Do it as much as you need to and I'll be here to hold you." He turned his head slightly to whisper to her.
"I love you." He said as he gripped her hand. Y/n's sniffling turned to sobbing as his words made her heart swell. The emotion of love mixing into the ones of pain and fear- turning into something more bittersweet. When her cries quieted Shoto spoke to her softly.
"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked her. Y/n nodded and wiped her face.

"Will I...ever get to see my parents again?" She asked him.

"Of course. Whenever you want...of course." He said. His words comforted y/n a little bit.

"Ok...thank you." She sighed softly, breath still shaky.

The two of them rode for what felt like hours. They'd passed through another town and grabbed a bite and something to drink before Continuing. Y/n had just started to slump forward onto Shoto from sleepiness when a familiar voice called out. Y/n's eyes opened and she looked down at a yellow haired boy who was walking alongside their horse, a girl in a witches hat accompanying him.