⁵ Practice & Preparations

"Y/N, look, you have to roll your shoulders back towards the right, you're moving to the left."

Your instructor demonstrates the move you've been struggling with all night for the hundredth time.

After your phone call with Felix, you haven't been able to focus too much on one thing.

What about us?

Those three words cycled through your head, like a hamster on its wheel.

The tattoo was still the same - you'd squint, poke, and even pulled at your skin just to see if it would do anything.

Anything to confirm if Felix was the one.

But nothing.

You also haven't gotten back to Jan. She had to go through another round of auditions.

How would she feel if you got accepted by a company you didn't even plan to audition for?

Being at a dance practice for JYP wasn't helping much either.

It was almost 11pm and you still had to attend classes later in the morning. Your instructor snaps her fingers and you apologize for blanking out.

"What's on your mind?
You've made more mistakes tonight than you have in the past 2 weeks." She lightly jokes as she gestures for you to sit beside her.

I want to transfer companies.

"Nothing in particular..
Midterms are coming up this week so maybe it's just underlying stress from that?"
You tell a half truth, propping yourself up with your arms.

"Ah you work too hard. I'm sure you'll do fine. And you're off for spring break next week, aren't you?"

"I am. The company wants me to focus more on my Korean and Japanese lessons."

Spring break was only a week, but your schedule couldn't be more convenient.

Your parents agreed that their main priority was your happiness and learning.
As long as you passed this semester, you could go wherever you wished in Korea.

If you had dance and vocal practice during spring break, there'd be no way you could've gone to visit BigHit.

"Fighting! Let's work hard these next couple of practices so you don't forgot over your break."

Jumping up from her seated position, you follow your instructor as you run the routine once more.

~+×+~

~the following week~

I'm free!
You thought to yourself as you scurried out of the exam room.

The sky was decorated with cotton-like clouds and the gentle wind whispered in your ears as you made your way back to your apartment.

One weight lifted off your shoulders only for another one to be placed.

It was 8am when you made it back to your apartment, and your plane to Korea departed at 10am.

With your hectic schedule and midterms, you've barely had time to pack.
It'll only be a week; how hard can this be?

~+×+~

~Meanwhile, at BigHit~

Both groups were between comebacks so they had a little bit more time on their hands.
Namjoon knocked on his producer's door as he was called into Bang PD's office.

"Good evening PD-nim!" Namjoon greets his producer and takes a seat in front of his desk.

"Thanks for coming Namjoon-ah. There's a favor I need to ask of you."

"What kind of favor?"

"We have a trainee coming in from the U.S. to visit the company. They speak some Korean, but they're not fluent.
All of our translators are preoccupied with the upcoming movies and videos, so we were wondering if you can be a translator temporarily."

"Do you think that's really a good idea?"

Namjoon always believed in Bang Sihyuk and his ways, but throwing a trainee straight into the sight of idols may intimidate them.

"I rather you look after them than anyone else. And if you'd like to switch off with someone, you're more than welcome to."

"Can I get to know them more? Do you have any files on hand?"
Bang PD nodded his head and begun shuffling through folders, pulling out one labeled 'Choi Y/N' from the cabinet.

Choi, Y/N
New York, USA
Y/BD, 20
University student: architecture major
JYP Trainee: 2016-Present

Audition
Vocal: BTS - My Time x UGH!
Dance: TXT - 9 and 3/4 (Runaway)

Recognitions
• 2nd place in 2016 JYP Competition
• Captain of performing arts dance crew
• Winner of 2017-2018 Korea's Junior Pop Competition
• Co-writer for Stray Kids Discography
• #1 for singing and rapping among female trainees under JYP evaluation
• Fluent in English, studying Korean & Japanese

This is.. actually really impressive, Namjoon thought as he continued to look through your headshots and records.

You've clearly had experience in the industry and are familiar with BigHit's work.

Work never sleeps but it would be nice to act like the older brother and bond with new trainees.

And it wouldn't be too difficult if he could tap out when he needed.

"Yeah, I'll do it."
Hitman Bang nodded appreciatively, thanking Namjoon for his service.
He was given a schedules and your files to have on hand.

As Namjoon exited the office, a blue-haired rookie coincidentally passed by.