¹⁵ Closer

Yeonjun woke up to the view of the light fixtures of the practice room, leaned on an inflatable pillow they kept there.

I stayed here all night? He thought to himself.

Stretching his hands out in search for his phone, he was stopped by the presence that laid beside him.

Your body was curled up at his side, covered by his jacket like a blanket.

Yeonjun laid his head back down and contemplated waking you up.

He enjoyed the atmosphere and the serenity of it all. Your aura was comforting and your warmth was aiding how chilly it was in the room.

Suddenly you started to turn and yawned awake, eyes wide when you realized what position you were in.

"Ah sorry! I must've fallen asleep last night!" You sprang up into a seated position.

It was bittersweet; Yeonjun smiled at your flustered-ness, but wanted to spend just a moment longer in that position.

"Don't worry, we were up practicing for who knows how long." He sat up and lightly chuckled, stretching his arms out.

You had to admit that morning Yeonjun was something else; his messy bed head and morning glow were cute.

thank the universe for giving me such gorgeous soulmate.

"Oh, thank you for letting me use your jacket." Picking the coat from your body, you go to hand it to him.

You noticed his cheeks and ears were turning pink. He holds his palm up and shakes his head.

"Keep it." He smiled and stood up, now looking down on you.

dude this is like a $300 jacket??

You blink rapidly as he heads for the door.
"I'll see you later at the meeting, yeah?"

what the fuck?

~+×+~

You sat in the conference room beside Namjoon, a few people you didn't recognize filled the table.

Yeonjun sat at the opposite side of you, occasionally taking a peek in your direction.

"We're here today to further discuss the soul bonding of Yeonjun and Y/N." Bang PD begins.

You catch Yeonjun's subtle smile after he said those words.

"As you all know, Tomorrow x Together has a comeback in these upcoming months.
We've pushed this comeback already, so we need to begin shooting ASAP," People nod and affirm.

"Y/N also has matters abroad, finishing her semester in 3 months. Because we are still monitoring the effects of the soul bond, we have to discuss our plans with her.
What are your thoughts, Y/N?"

All eyes turn to you as you turn to Namjoon. You discussed your ideas with him previously, but still weren't confident.

He gently smiled at you, encouraging you to move forward.

"I've looked into the university's policies, and concluded that moving to online school right now would be near impossible without failing," You sigh.

"My life is also in the U.S. I feel as if it wouldn't be fair to say goodbye to it in just a week. I think I'd need more time to transition, and while I do, Yeonjun can focus on his comeback."

Your eyes took another peek around the room.
Many people seemed to agree, but there were others who didn't.

You couldn't figure out which group Yeonjun was in.

"That would be easier if you two were simply dating. But you're not, you're soulbonded," A woman down the room speaks up.

Her face wasn't too familiar to you, but you've caught glimpses of her around the office.

"We still need to monitor the waves from your bond, and there's much more we need to learn about. You just discovered you can heal Yeonjun, but we don't know if that's all." She goes on.

You look between Namjoon and Bang PD, presumably with a confused look on your face as they start to explain.

"Yeonjun and Y/N, this is Hwang Sung, a soul specialist. She's here to help us understand your bond." Bang PD explains.

"Their waves have recently been stable.
Even if Y/N does go abroad for 3 months, she'll be back and we can monitor them as much as you'd like, Ms. Hwang." Yeonjun's manager interjects.

"We don't know what'll happen if she does go abroad for that long. Some soul bonds are fine with distance, but others aren't. We can't risk Yeonjun getting hurt before another comeback."

oh? forget about me then..

"We'll never know if we don't test it." Yeonjun finally speaks, looking at you directly.

You gave him a smile, heart warmed knowing he supported your idea.

In reality, Yeonjun didn't want you gone for three months. You were both getting along well and he wanted to make as much progress as he could.
That would be difficult if you went overseas.

Sung's concern for only him and disregard for you lit a fire in Yeonjun.
Neither of you asked to be in such a situation, and yet the blame seems to be put onto you.

He saw how your eyes flickered, your nerves rising.
He felt your hurt, and possibly the faint sound of your voice, even though you didn't utter a word.

He didn't want you to go so soon.

But he promised to support you, so he will.