¹⁴ Baby Steps

You never did get to watch the movie you all bickered endlessly over.

The boys decided to call it a quits after they spent most of the time in awe over your newfound power.

Their manager also texted to remind them of tomorrow's schedule.
So the movie was postponed until a later night.

"Good night Y/N! Don't stay up too late, you're busy tomorrow too!" Beomgyu called out.

Him and the boys tidied what they could of the practice room and bid their goodbyes.

All except Yeonjun.

You sat on the side, scrolling through your phone, while he busied himself by the speakers.

Jan:
Hey bud, miss you! I know you're busy, but call me whenever you have the chance <3

Namjoon:
Meeting tomorrow at 10am with CEOs. Probably going to go over the plan for the rest of the week. Get some sleep!

Felix:
Can we talk?

You held your breath as your finger hovered over Felix's name.

Can we talk?

Truthfully, you didn't want to see Felix. For right now at least.
You wouldn't know what to say, what he expected from you.

Nevertheless, you had a new start with Yeonjun, that should be the focus.

Your eyes peeked over at the thought of him. Yeonjun still stood in front of the laptop, presumably trying to pick a song.

He leaned over the table, chin resting on his hand, lips in a slight pout.

You began to note his mannerisms: the pout when he talks, his head nods, how he flicks his hair out of his face.

damn this boy is like 80% leg..

Yeonjun turns and catches you staring at him, almost as if he knew what you were thinking.

"Ah- sorry were you going to practice? I can excuse myself-" You scramble off the ground, flustered at the sudden eye contact.

"No no you're all good, I was going to practice though. You're welcome to stay if you'd like." He chuckles.

You gently nod and sink back onto the ground.

Yeonjun looked at you a little longer when your eyes returned back to your phone.

He found it cute how easily flustered you got and how you resort back to English when you did.

Your presence was beginning to grow on him, bringing him a sense of comfort and ease.

Fear and doubt still lurked in the back of Yeonjun's mind; tomorrow they'd be discussing the plans after this week.

Option one would be to have you retrieve your items from the U.S. and immediately move to Korea.
Option two would be to move back to the U.S. to finish the rest of the semester, and then move.

Option one would be, at most, one week of separation.
Option two would be, at least, 3 months of separation.

The soft beeping and buzzing of the monitors began to unsync, causing you to look up.

"What's wrong?" You ask in Korean.

"I-.." No words could formulate a sentence in Yeonjun's head.

He wanted what was best for the both of you, but he also feared both outcomes.

If you stayed, who knows how his life would have to adapt to your presence.
If you left, who knows what'll happen to your soul bond.

"Do you want to dance with me?" Yeonjun asked, walking over to the side where you were sat.
If he couldn't express his thoughts with words, he could use dance.

He offered his hand out to you, and you could've sworn it was something straight out of an k-drama.

"Am I really worthy of dancing with Mister 'Number One in Rapping, Dancing, and Singing?'" You playfully ask, looking up at him.

"Yes you are Miss 'Number One in Rapping and Singing'," Yeonjun plays along.

"And if you dance with me, we can include 'Number One in Dancing' to that list."

You laugh and take his hand, pushing yourself off the ground.

The tingling sensations where you touched was there again, like sitting by a fire after playing in the snow.

Your mind analyzed Yeonjun's face, trying to memorize all the shapes and curves.

He was barefaced and his hair not styled; the thought of it reminded you of the kiss you left on his forehead before he woke up.

Yeonjun noticed how you stared and held his hand a little longer than anticipated.
He didn't mind too much.

Admittedly he was still hesitant. Everything happening was too new for him to be entirely comfortable with.

Your cheeks turned pink, thinking about kissing him.

it's way too soon for this.

Pulling your hand away, you took a step back and avoided his eyes.

"I'm gonna hold that statement against you." You shake your head and giggle.

"I don't break promises Y/N," He held out his pinky and looked down on you.

"And I promise to do what I can to support you."

You knew Yeonjun was talking about the monthly evaluations, but his eyes told a different story.

The universe was trapped in them, wishing to be released.

You were scared.
You wanted to release that universe but feared you were incapable of doing so.

he's right in front of you.

"And I to you." You interlock your pinky with his, cracking a smile on your face and butterflies in your tummy.

You spent the rest of the night in the practice room.

Creating and practicing dances.
Telling jokes.
Simply enjoying each other's companies.

The skinship and subtly flirtatious comments were becoming more common as the night turned into morning.

Most likely due to the lack of sleep and exhaustion.

baby steps are still steps.

~+×+~

[A/N] - thank you for your patience! What do you think of TDC: Eternity?
Fairy of Shampoo has my heart <3
~venus